Tennessee Handle Rods Anyone?

1/15/15 @ 8:08 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Marc Morrone
Marc711
USER since 9/3/08
The Tennessee handles have almost disappeared from the factory rod market. Anyone missing them? We have been making some custom TN grips with exotic and burl cork types that are superior to the old style plain TN handle, and looking at some TN handle split grips too. Any interest on these? We may build up a few to take to the shows.
(715) 339-4209
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
4/2/15 @ 9:03 PM
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06
I have a custom made 7' UL panfish rod with a Tennessee handle that has Fuji slip rings. I like those over tape, just looks nicer. Definitely my favorite rod.

Post Your Comment
3/30/15 @ 6:06 PM
JustPerchinAround
JustPerchinAround
USER since 1/16/14
I LOVE a good old school TN handle. I had you build me one a few years back and it a main stay in my arsenal. There is nothing better than taping that reel on in just the right spot to get the "perfect" feel!!

Post Your Comment
1/15/15 @ 7:20 PM
Marc Morrone
Marc711
USER since 9/3/08
Yes - we'll have a booth in Appleton. Chris and one of our pro-staffers will be there.

I hope to have some of the Tennessee handles done for show season.

Once you fish one you may find you don't want to fish anything else.

(715) 339-4209
Post Your Comment
1/15/15 @ 6:26 PM
Lucky dog!
Lucky dog!
USER since 4/1/02
I built myself some Tennessee carbon skinned grips, I love them. No reason Tennessee grips shouldn't sell well at all. Once people actually use them, they find out how much they like them and want more.

Just get it into their hands!

Post Your Comment
1/15/15 @ 5:03 PM
fishhook
fishhook
USER since 9/16/01
Marc,are you(Elk River)planning to have a booth at the northeast WI. sport fishing show in Appleton Feb 20,21,22 again? If so,I hope you bring a few,as I would like to check those out.

Hook

Post Your Comment