MORE
Fishing Equipment

St. Croix Class "C" Stock

3/15/18 @ 3:43 PM
INITIAL POST
RandyPrice
RandyPrice
User since 9/25/17

Has anyone visiting the St. Croix factory purchased any of their Class C stock (rods that have been repaired ie. broken tips)?  I was there a couple of weeks ago and they had Legend Extreme rods that normally sell for almost $ 400.00 for $ 50.00.  I realize that you lose some/all of the action if your missing 4-6" but the price seemed worth it.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
3/19/18 @ 4:43 PM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

I've taken advantage of the garbage can rods at the factory store, three times on the way to my brother in laws place in Iron River (Wi.). The first spinning rod from the bins was an investment ($30) at the time, and was my first quality graphite rod that taught me what a difference it can make from the cheap sticks I'd been trying to fish with. Be sure to check out the box of ice gear they sometimes have out. There are a ton of ("C") rods to check out so give yourself some time to weed thru them. Musky guys must be rough on stuff because there are a bunch of sticks with the action of a pool cue. I bought a  "like new" EYEcon rod last time after picking out one missing only two inches off it's 7 foot length. Lots of the rods are still dirty and plastered with minnow scales but a few gems are mixed in with the stones. They have a huge variety of big spinners to check out, that I want to try and copy and make for myself. It's always a worthwhile stop, and the factory tours are booked well in advance if interested.

3/17/18 @ 9:28 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06

Shane, they do that so people don't try to file a warranty claim....its like a voided warranty.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE