Rod sock

4/28/16 @ 11:26 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Asleep at the Reel
Asleep at the Reel
USER since 3/23/12
Probably a dumb question but what is the difference between spinning and baitcasting rod socks?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
5/6/16 @ 7:57 AM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12

Right, with Rod socks you can double up your rod count.  In boats without tubs your count of rods in socks is virtually unlimited.  In rod lockers with tuibes, you can put two rods per tube.  SOmetimes depending on what the rod is, I will even out two rods in one sleeve. But you can certainly get tow rods in a tube whether its in two rod sleeves or one.

Post Your Comment
4/30/16 @ 10:46 AM
LUV2HNT
LUV2HNT
USER since 11/3/03
All I know is how did I live so many years with frustration of tangled rods in a standard 1 compartment locker. I was at cabelas 6 yrs or so ago and they had there nylon socks for $3.50 each. I bought 5 and after my first outing shortly after that I went back and cleaned them out of another 12. I was also able to hassel free get more rods in my locker. Without socks I would only put like 6 rods in the locker and with socks,I now keep up to 15 with no problems.

Post Your Comment
4/29/16 @ 8:17 PM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
Speaking of Rod socks, I has my mother in law m!keep some for me. I bought sommersault material and stretchy nylon webbing, she measured up an existinget one, and made me a bunch of them may for between $2--$3 each.

Post Your Comment
4/29/16 @ 9:45 AM
wiel0059
wiel0059
USER since 6/20/14
The Spinning Rod socks / sleeves have a much larger diameter since the bottom eyelets are much larger than the eyelets on a casting rod. Hopefully that helps!

Post Your Comment