Rod holders on the boat

3/27/16 @ 3:27 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Roscoe5
Roscoe5
MEMBER since 12/8/02
I want to put rod holders in my boat and would like some in put on brand names ,like or dislike. Thinking 4 with extentions , what holds up best. Have a 16 ft. Lund ,deep-V. Thanks in advance.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
3/29/16 @ 8:39 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
I agree that a track system is really nice, not sure a bout the cost

I use Cabela's 360 HT, had flush mount on one boat, and side/deck mount on current boat.. also have a few extensions

The 360 HT's came in a Scotty's box, so they are made for Cabela's by Scotty

no complaints

edit: I also bought them in 4 packs... and currently they are on sale at Cabela's, at least right now

Post Your Comment
3/28/16 @ 3:14 PM
Gone 4 Now
Gone 4 Now
USER since 4/26/08
If you can mount tracks that would be the best. Not easy sometimes and cost is a factor. With track system you will have several accessory options from single rod holders to rod trees. Not to mention the best can holders ever. I like metal rod holders,tube style, the rods don't hang inside the boat and get in the way. Metal tube style will hold Dipsey Divers much better than plastic. Good luck, It's fun rigging a new to you boat.

Post Your Comment
3/28/16 @ 9:50 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
I have flush mount scotty's on my boat for 10 years and I use them for salmon fishing, brown trout and musky and have not had any problems with them at all. I even run mag dispey's on them.

I have not used extensions and really can't envision why you would need them. Put some thought into spacing them out and you can get the necessary clearance with rod tilt.

Post Your Comment
3/28/16 @ 6:54 AM
Major Mark
Major Mark
MEMBER since 5/20/05
My prior boat I had Ram 2000s. My current boat I have Cabela 360HTs. Both were/are mounted with flush mounts. Both have tall mounts shafts. Both work equally well, are strong enough to pull boards on 8'6" trolling rods, withstand snags when trolling, etc. I actually slightly prefer the 360HTs. They are easier to remove from the mounts for storage, adjust rod outward angles, etc. The 360HTs were also cheaper, because they are optionally available as a 4 pack instead of singlular packaging.

Post Your Comment
3/27/16 @ 7:26 PM
Duffin
Duffin
USER since 12/16/10
I have scottys. I dont have extensions but wish I did so you are ahead on that idea. Good luck

Post Your Comment