Rain Gear

8/2/15 @ 6:16 PM
ORIGINAL POST
flint fredstone
flint fredstone
USER since 4/10/12
Who makes the best rain gear ? I just got back from Canada. We had heavy rain and wind for several days. My new Frabill rain jacket did not keep me dry. Don't get the Frabill.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 33 Posts
1/23/16 @ 7:58 AM
JustPerchinAround
JustPerchinAround
USER since 1/16/14
I have zero complaints with my Bass Pro Shops 100mph suit…...

Post Your Comment
12/15/15 @ 5:02 PM
flint fredstone
flint fredstone
USER since 4/10/12
Thanks to all for the straightforward info. My decision is to keep the rain jacket ( I hate paying shipping ) as I had a spray bottle of " ReviveX" . This product restores "Goretex". We treated the coat Saturday and wore it to the Packer game Sunday ! Didn't leak a drop ! Any thoughts on bibs ?

Post Your Comment
11/25/15 @ 9:59 AM
Brian Hammarsten
Hammar
USER since 4/5/10
Simms is some of the best gear out there. If you have the money for it pick up a set and you will be glad you did. If you are on a little tighter budget then Cabelas Guide Wear is good.

Roach's Guide Service
(763) 226-6656
Post Your Comment
11/13/15 @ 4:31 AM
ifishwis
ifishwis
USER since 6/27/02
I always bring a rubberized poncho along for the really hard downpours. I wear it over my raingear until the heavy stuff stops. A bit uncomfortable but I'll take dry anytime especially when it's a cold rain.

Post Your Comment
11/6/15 @ 4:48 PM
Tommy Howell
NPAA105
USER since 7/11/11
I've always wore Cabelas Guide Wear with real good results. Lately I've seen a lot of guys wearing products from Simms, but have no first hand knowledge.

Tommy's Guide Service
(218) 403-1075
Post Your Comment
11/5/15 @ 4:19 PM
Billy
Billy
USER since 6/15/01
Bought the Gill Coast Gear earlier this year and fished in some really bad sideways rain storms this past spring and summer they performed very well.

Post Your Comment
11/3/15 @ 1:17 PM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
daleracefan, I agree with you Gortex is a must have in my book, and they stand behind their product. They have replaced boots for me that were messed up during manufacturing that leaked when the boot manufacture would not. I will only buy Gortex boots and rain suits. However Gortex does not make them, they only supply the Gortex waterproof lining or insert.

Post Your Comment
11/2/15 @ 7:13 PM
daleracefan
daleracefan
MEMBER since 3/27/02
Gortex !

Post Your Comment
10/31/15 @ 2:54 PM
Todd Young
Todd Young
USER since 6/25/15
Wow great topic to discuss. I have purchased many high end suits over the years. They do seem to have a lifespan. Work good for a while and then you just get wet. Recently purchased the pro qualifier suit from bass pro. Suit works good if your standing and the water runs off. When you sit to run or troll you just get wet up the arms and in the crotch area. The old yellow rubber suits are hard to beat.

Muddy Creek Fishing Guides
(724) 674-3839
Post Your Comment
10/29/15 @ 7:32 AM
JamesD
JamesD
USER since 2/16/04
My buddy who sold sporting ware was always disappointed with the high end "breathable" rain gear. I could never afford it anyway. The frog tog stuff worked great and was comfortable enough as far as a rain coat goes but a soaked butt sitting in a boat really turned me off "paper" rain pants gear. Medium duty rubberized gear always kept me dry enough, but the weight and bulk made it less likely to be packed along. Bass pros have an affordable coated nylon suit that is lightweight, packable and works; 35 bucks for the top and 25 for the pants. That's the best I've found so far, that works for me.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 33 Posts