Power Pro Super Slick

2/1/16 @ 7:46 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Marc Morrone
Marc711
USER since 9/3/08
Anyone used Power Pro Super Slick on a spinning set up? If so, how did you like it? Thanks!
(715) 339-4209
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
2/25/16 @ 2:00 PM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
I tend to leave my line on the spool for several years (I run fluoro leaders, so I don't get into the main line too much), so I haven't had occasion to spool a spining reel with SuperSlick. OIn baitcasters, I like it just fine, but like Grey Beard posted, between SuperSlick & 832, I tend to go with whichever is better priced (or whichever is in stock!).

Feedback from a handful of guys I work with at Cabela's is that while they like SuperSlick just fine on baitcasters, not so much on spinning rigs.

And finally, FWIW, I'm not a fan of Nanofil, the 6-8 lb. test wind-knotted like crazy on me!

Post Your Comment
2/6/16 @ 6:48 AM
fishs
fishs
MEMBER since 2/17/04
Very impressed with ss performance. I have it on walleye and on salmon rods, ss doesn't seem to "wind knot" nearly as much as traditional pp

"Wind knot" so that's what it's called. Big problems with 832 for me on my spinning outfit. Will try the new PP or have had good luck with nanofil.

Post Your Comment
2/5/16 @ 6:36 AM
Grey Beard
Grey Beard
USER since 1/27/02
I have used both PP Slick 8 and Suffix 832 and find them to be comparable when used in the 10 to 20 pound test on my spinning set ups. The 832 seemed to retain its bright color longer.They are quieter than their counterparts. Both for me superior to Fireline for casting distance and water retention.

I think that most wind knots are user induced versus the performance of the line. I found if you close the bail with your hand rather than the reel handle wind knots are reduced. Often when closing the bail with the reel handle a strand of line is left on top of the spool. Next cast can result in a loop and I wind knot. I still forget to close the bell with my hand and get an occasional wind knot. I carry a dental pic to remove them. It has a nice sharp point that fattens out more quickly than a safety pin. Using a jig hook with a barb often frays the line.

When I need more line I'll buy which ever is on sale at the time.

Grey Beard

Post Your Comment
2/4/16 @ 8:14 PM
smartymielke
smartymielke
USER since 8/30/15
Very impressed with ss performance. I have it on walleye and on salmon rods, ss doesn't seem to "wind knot" nearly as much as traditional pp

Post Your Comment
2/3/16 @ 12:53 AM
wifishman
wifishman
USER since 8/23/09
I have used slick on 2 of my spinning rods for casting for salmon and trout for the last 3 seasons and it has worked great. The line is a little thinner in diameter and makes less noise when reeling in also it cast a little further. performance wise its still pp so I cant complain there.

Post Your Comment