USER since 1/19/14
Anyone with Pflueger questions?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 Posts
3/19/15 @ 9:19 AM
ninrugger
ninrugger
USER since 4/23/05
Where can i get part number 1208282, bail arm?

Post Your Comment
3/19/15 @ 9:18 AM
ninrugger
ninrugger
USER since 4/23/05
Where can I get part number 1208282 bail arm?

Post Your Comment
3/9/15 @ 11:27 AM
Bass Pro
Bass Pro
USER since 12/21/05
The "decal" is supposed to be applied to the reel foot prior to mounting on the rod. It prevents the paint on the reel foot from getting chipped or scratched when you tighten it down on the rod. It also helps the reel stay nice and snug while mounted on the rod. It's not necessary but there if you want it.

Post Your Comment
3/7/15 @ 8:23 AM
luvh20
luvh20
USER since 1/19/14
Thanks coach. That all makes sense.

Post Your Comment
3/1/15 @ 6:33 PM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
Both spools are aluminum and are equally suitable for either mono or braid. The primary (fancier finish with rubber inserts) spool is designed so you can tie braid directly to the spool without having to bother with a mono backing, tape, etc. The "extra" spool is the exact same size and will function equally well with braid, except that with that one, you'd need t include something at the spool base to give the braid something to bite into.

That's where the "decal" comes in to play. It's not really a decal, it's a sticker that you can put on the non-rubber-insert spool to give braid something to bite into. Really no different from putting a bit of electrical tape on first.

Just note that depending on which size reel you bought and what size braid you might chose to use, they may not be doing you all that big of favor by having provided the rubber inserts.

Say, for example, that you bought a 8530 size reel, which is generally a great choice for medium-power spinning setups. That reel's estimated line capacities are 255 yd. 4lb / 145 yd. 6lb. / 130/8lb test. If you bought a 300 yard spool of 10 lb. braid with the intention of filling three spools with 100 yards of braid each, you'll find yourself way underspooled when you hit 100 yards, since the 10lb braid diameter is about equal to 2lb mono. So you would have been better off to begin with laying down a base of mono to make up the difference in line diameters.

So having rubber spool inserts isn't always what it's cracked up to be!

Post Your Comment
2/28/15 @ 3:35 PM
luvh20
luvh20
USER since 1/19/14
Thanks James.

Aside from the gold trim and vent holes, they seem to be the same.

I figured the decal was for labeling somehow. It's just one clear sticker.

Post Your Comment
2/28/15 @ 3:12 PM
JamesD
JamesD
USER since 2/16/04
Use the metal edged spool for braid and mono on the plastic one. Decals are for writing down # test if you end up with four spools? Just a guess.

Post Your Comment
2/28/15 @ 2:35 PM
luvh20
luvh20
USER since 1/19/14
Sorry, I didn't want to hijack the other new thread. I figured I'd just start a new one.

Is there a specific line for the different spools that came with my new reel? As you see, the one on the reel is vented. They both seem to be aluminum. I have other reels that came with two spools but one always seems to be made of a different material. (I don't know their specific line uses either)

I plan to put mono on one and some Sufix braid on the other.

...And what the heck is this decal for?

Post Your Comment