One piece or Two piece rod?

7/5/14 @ 1:41 PM
ORIGINAL POST
jbird68
jbird68
MEMBER since 1/24/05
Cabela`s has a sale on a rod and reel combo. There are two versions. The only difference is that one is a one piece and the other is a two piece rod. I think there is an extra shipping charge for the one piece because of the length. Would a two piece be just as good?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
7/11/14 @ 12:30 AM
jbird68
jbird68
MEMBER since 1/24/05
Well, I ordered the one piece. But only because they didn't have the two piece in stock anymore. I guess that made the decision for me. Already received it. But I had to send it back. The reel had a large chip of paint scratched off of it and the reel seat on the rod had a piece of plastic that was broken. Apparently it wasn't inspected before they shipped it out to me.

Post Your Comment
7/8/14 @ 4:40 AM
Frozenman
Frozenman
USER since 12/16/07
Ditto....ditto.

Post Your Comment
7/7/14 @ 10:51 AM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
See 2 pc rods and combos.

The rod/reel combos you're seeing at Cabela's run @ $100 or less (probably a Pflueger President reel / Tourney Trail rod combo). For that class of rod/reel combo, I wouldn't be concerned about whether it's a one-piece or two-piece rod; if you get two piece, it will obviously make transportation much easier, and you're still getting a pretty decent rod/reel combo.

I disagree with Edward, one piece isn't better if you can't fit it into your vehicle to go fishing!

Post Your Comment
7/6/14 @ 2:55 PM
drummer boy
drummer boy
USER since 3/14/08
Ferrules that are used on good rods today,are so good that it is hard to tell the difference.If you always transport your rods in a boat I usually get a one piece just because I do believe they are a little more durable.But then I have two piece spinning and plug rods and four piece fly rods.That are over 20 years old and still work great.

Post Your Comment
7/6/14 @ 1:27 PM
Edward Felcohands
Edward Felcohands
USER since 2/24/09
One piece is always better.

Post Your Comment
7/6/14 @ 10:17 AM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
If it's a quality rod ($100 or more) you will never notice the difference between the two.

Post Your Comment
7/5/14 @ 5:31 PM
Fishercreek
Fishercreek
USER since 10/2/05
One piece rods are transfer more vibrations to the reel seat. Some days I think it's the difference between catching more of the light biters.

Post Your Comment