SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

One man ice shelters

1/22/18 @ 2:40 PM
INITIAL POST
pwrproscremin
User since 8/4/08
In the market for a one man shelter and looking for opinions on best available. 
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
2/5/18 @ 11:10 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Look at the Eskimo Wide One. The front expands out giving you more floor space.  Another option is the Eskimo Sierra, which is a 2 man, but you can mount just one seat in it and then you have a very nice sized one man.

1/23/18 @ 5:08 PM
BassWhacker
BassWhacker
User since 9/4/17

I have put this in a Prius. A little heavy, but the extended front is awesome. Full thermal, and comfortable seat.

1/23/18 @ 3:45 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

My flip over is a two person Frabill.  It's lasted many, many seasons.  I love the space when I'm alone.  Don't have to worry about kicking over the heater.  I can keep my bait inside.  But it's a pain to drag around by foot if I can't drive out or don't have the snowmobile.  For that reason, I'm also looking for a one person shack for when I have to walk out.  I'm not terribly picky and have no opinions on brands.  I usually have a heater along if it's at all cold out.  

Food for thought, you can find one person shacks on Craigslist or Facebook for around $100.  Of course, they're used but I've seen some nice ones.  You have to be able to jump on it if one gets posted this time of year.  They don't last long.  But when guys are trying to unload them in spring/summer its another story.  My buddy got a nice Clam last summer for $75.  

1/23/18 @ 12:14 PM
pwrproscremin
User since 8/4/08

Looking at a one man for space savings.  I use a car and have a gas auger so there's not much room left for a one man shelter.  Thanks for the opinions so far!

1/23/18 @ 11:08 AM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

I have to disagree with Pack. A one man is the way to go. The double shacks are heavy. I've had three one man shacks arranged in my Suburban more than once. With my buddy's pickup, one can slip inside the other or it can be tipped on it's side too. One weight reduction plan is to leave out the heavy seats and metal brackets and use a folding chair; a huge space saver too. Nothing wrong with spreading out a little to find fish.

1/22/18 @ 7:20 PM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09

I have a Clam Jason Mitchell one man that I have had for a few years and like it just fine. 

If you do not absolutely have to have right now, I strongly suggest waiting until next December and go to the Saint Paul Ice Show. Every manufacturer has every o e of their models set up. You can make an educated decision on what you have seen for yourself. Besides, opinions are based on existing models. New models may be available at next year's show.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE