MORE
Fishing Equipment

Northern and Smallie Rods

6/4/15 @ 10:22 AM
INITIAL POST
FishHunt47
FishHunt47
User since 6/10/14
Hey everybody so I recently was on a fishing trip up in Canada and unfortunately came home with one less rod. I was throwing a Yellow Bird Little Doctor(Best Spoons on Earth) for northern with my Black Max Rod and Reel. All of the sudden Mr. Pike hit, I set the hook, and my rod was in 2 pieces! Sadly she's gone but there's no time to feel sorry. I need a new one! I recently bought the St. Croix Premier for my walleye rod. I love it. Paid $130 for it. That is my second St. Croix. Should I stay with St. Croix or do I switch it up? That's my question to you. What do you recommend for a Smallie/Largie/Northern baitcaster? Somewhere between $20 and $150! -Thanks in advance everybody!
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
6/20/15 @ 10:15 PM
Willburr76
User since 6/18/15
Im a St. Croix fan through and through. I just had the tip fixed on my Triumph which is St. Croix's cheaper line. But i got it back in 8 days. The Premier is my favorite and ive caught numerouse bass and pike on it. My son has a high end diawa rod and that thing casts a mile. I just bought an Okumah 7'6" med heavy rod at Scheels on clearence for $40 its be coming my go to rod. Not sure bought warranty. I love the new Abu Garcia Orra SX 30 spinning real have 2 of them and Im casting and catching with them!!! Cant complain.
6/6/15 @ 6:32 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
I use my st croix bass mojo rod for both pike and bass works well for both
6/5/15 @ 10:45 PM
splashman
User since 6/26/01
My fave smallie rod is a St. Croix Premier split grip offered exclusively through Cabelas. Gonna add the 7' medium on father's day...... Big Smile
6/5/15 @ 10:19 PM
wale
User since 2/12/13
if you live close to park falls they sell seconds for almost half price.
6/5/15 @ 7:59 PM
Mr.Pinch
User since 5/17/15
It's tough to beat a St. Droid rod. But I like fishing with Fenwick elite tech rods too
6/5/15 @ 6:05 PM
antler junkie
User since 8/17/05
If you don't want to spend a lot of money buy an Ugly stick rod in heavy action. I have one paired with a Revo STX and this is my favorite Pike rod. Casts a mile and very sturdy.
6/5/15 @ 9:49 AM
Brian Hammarsten
Brian Hammarsten
User since 4/5/10
My favorite casting rod for bass and pike is the 7'6" Bladin' rod: http://www.wright-mcgill.com/tony-roach-walleye-rods-2
6/4/15 @ 2:31 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10
I would stick with St. Croix. I'm also a fan of Fenwick and the lifetime warranties.
6/4/15 @ 12:14 PM
pikenmusky
pikenmusky
User since 4/17/15
I'd stick with St. Croix. Quality is always top notch and the warranty and service is great.
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE