Motorguide Xi5 Pinpoint/Lowrance Problems

4/16/15 @ 4:21 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Dubya
Dubya
MEMBER since 6/29/04
36V 60' Xi5 w/pinpoint. 12' HDS Gen2 Touch. 4.0 Software. Had my new one out for the first time today. I've noticed the touch screen unresponsive at times (Locked Up). That was easy. Just jump in and out of pages. Easy fix. But......Also in autopilot it just ramped up to wide open for some reason? Anyone know any fixes?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
5/12/15 @ 6:59 PM
mvanhank222
mvanhank222
USER since 12/16/13
820' is 250 meters

Post Your Comment
4/28/15 @ 1:56 AM
CPR Only
CPR Only
USER since 12/26/14
I've got a similar setup - Xi5 and HDS-12 Touch. Mine will allow me to give it an 820 foot radius for turns. Why 820? Must have been a programmers magic number. The bug I encountered with a U turn was while pushing the boat along with the kicker and letting the Xi5 steer, I apparently pushed a little too fast and as I turned, the trolling motor missed one of the temporary waypoints it creates when it plots the turn. It decided to go back to hit it! Always know where the "STANDBY" button is!

The right and left buttons, I have found, have to be used sparingly. Press it once and let it adjust. If you press it many times it WILL go crazy and spin a full 360. Or even worse, I had it spin 180 with 4 planer boards and 2 dipsys. Always know where the "STANDBY" button is!

You'll probably encounter a little "bug" with the "ANCHOR" feature also. Winnebago was VERY calm last Sunday so instead of throwing out an anchor I decided to be lazy and use the trolling motor to keep us on point. Every once in a while the bobbers we had out started heading off one way or another. Rather quickly, I might add. Again, always know where the "STANDBY" button is. Hit it and re-ANCHOR and it stops.

Yes, there are bugs. I'm fairly certain we aren't the first to encounter them. So far, I can live with them. However, I'm hoping in future software releases they will be corrected. This is a new toy! I think if they wait until they get it perfect we'll never get to play with it!

Post Your Comment
4/26/15 @ 4:04 PM
Dubya
Dubya
MEMBER since 6/29/04
Xi5 Lowrance update. Today I had it out and attempted to do a C and a U turn. It would only turn with a radious of less than 100 feet. That is way to tight of a turn for planer boards. Also the right/left move does not work the gtreatest while in autopilot. I will be calling Lowrance tomorrow........ Angry .It's a 50/50 chance that my Terrova will be going back on my bote.

Post Your Comment
4/21/15 @ 5:41 AM
gamehunter
gamehunter
USER since 7/4/09
How do you like the xi5? I bought one about a month ago but havn't tried it out yet. I hope to get out this weekend with it. I do have the pinpoint, but I do not have it linked.

Post Your Comment
4/20/15 @ 4:35 PM
Dubya
Dubya
MEMBER since 6/29/04
A softstart of the Gen2 fixed the problems I was having.

Post Your Comment
4/16/15 @ 5:29 PM
wet-net
wet-net
USER since 1/8/03
Try a soft reset if that dont work do a hard reset . A hard reset you will lose all your settings and waypoints.

Post Your Comment