Marcum Customer Service

2/18/15 @ 10:04 AM
ORIGINAL POST
JntdRpla
JntdRpla
USER since 4/11/13
I bought a brand new Marcum LX9 in October. Used it 2 times, realized the camera lens was shattered and the battery was junk. At first they didn't want to replace the battery but after a long email explaining my situation, they agreed to send me one. Now the camera on the other hand, they told me it would be the first week in February before they were in stock. First week of February came around, and they said hopefully next week. Finally we are in the third week of February and they sent me a tracking number that was from the battery back in January and reminded me to "check my mailbox". Really Marcum, where else would one look for a package? I have tried to call several times, can never get through, always leave a message to have someone call me back. I have been very polite and understanding so far but I am nearing my end of playing nice. My question to the rest of you is, have you dealt with Marcum and received the same poor customer service as I have or is this an anomaly? Has anyone else been waiting for an LX9 camera this winter?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
2/24/15 @ 2:07 PM
JntdRpla
JntdRpla
USER since 4/11/13
Fish Magnet - My experience with them is so similar to yours its scary! I finally received my camera from them and it works well except for the arrow on the LX-9 which is supposed to show which way it is pointing is never correct and the temperature is also either not working or inaccurate. This past weekend it told me it was 103 degrees in 6 foot of water! haha.

Anyways like you I wont be worrying about it because I would have to deal with their "customer service" which is rude and unhelpful.

I am surprised to hear you actually had the chance to talk with them. I left many messages that went unanswered and I was so upset about it, my wife decided to leave a message for them about a product that we don't own, just said we did, she used her cell phone number so they wouldn't know it was the same as me, and they didn't return her message she left for them either. I thought for sure they would call her back, seeing they would get to talk to a female. Tounge Out

Anyways, I digress.... I have learned my lesson with Marcum. I will not be giving them another $ of my hard earned money. I don't care how good their products are, I would be ok with a little less technology on a product with top notch customer service when I have questions or need to submit a warranty claim. Shame on Marcum!

Post Your Comment
2/22/15 @ 2:39 PM
fish magnet
fish magnet
USER since 12/29/01
The question isn't whether their products are any good, it is their crappy customer service.

I bought a pan-cam on Nov 15th and found out right out of the box, that the LED's on the camera didn't work. So I tried calling them and they were on holiday break. (for over a month) I finally got a human being on the phone after the first of the year, and they wanted me to pay the shipping to ship it back. I certainly did not agree to that. Well after a long conversation, the guy from Marcum decided he would just send me another camera head, because he said that was the problem. So a week later I got the new one, and it was fixed. They had a prepaid shipping sticker in the box, so I didn't have to pay that. But my question is, why would they want the whole camera setup sent back, when they know they are having problems with the camera itself?

I am still having some other issues with it, like the battery charge indicator shows the battery is always fully charged, and it also seems like it has some glitches with the wifi connection, because sometimes it looses it. And sometimes when you want it to turn the camera, it won't. But I'm not going to try to deal with them about it, I don't think I would be too polite this time.

Also the person I talked to, wasn't the customer service type. He was rather rude to tell the truth. Kind of like trying to put the blame on me for the problem.

I won't buy anything else from them, I don't care how good their product is.

Post Your Comment
2/22/15 @ 9:05 AM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
my old gandermountain series marcum vx 1 is older as heck and still going strong never had a issue with it.

Post Your Comment
2/18/15 @ 5:10 PM
alumalunker25
alumalunker25
USER since 9/21/12
Check your messenger

Post Your Comment
2/18/15 @ 10:39 AM
JntdRpla
JntdRpla
USER since 4/11/13
I also forgot to add, does anybody have a contact at Marcum that I would be able to call?

Thanks for your help!

Post Your Comment