Lowrance 7 hook

11/22/17 @ 3:39 AM
ORIGINAL POST
jkb
jkb
USER since 6/25/02

Fleet farm is having a sale on the Lowrance 7 hook series combo GPS / locator with CHIRP.  It is basically a 1/2 price sale.  Is this too good to be true or just a discontinued item.  I love Lowrance and have 2 identical HDI 5 units in my boat.  I set the bow unit to GPS and the other unit to locator mode.  Works awesome for trolling but a 7” screen would be better for visibility.   

Anyone own this unit to give some feedback?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
11/23/17 @ 7:53 AM
jkb
jkb
USER since 6/25/02

Thanks bucketmouth.  That is exactly how I want to use the unit.  At $250, I’ve got to buy one.  I have 2 HDI 5s in the boat now.  I’ll dedicate one as an ice fishing GPS and don’t have to worry about banging it around on the ice.

Edited on 11/23/17 7:54 AM
Post Your Comment
11/22/17 @ 8:34 PM
jkb
jkb
USER since 6/25/02

It is a Black Friday sale.  If you check the Black Friday sale ad on the Fleet Farm website , the locator is on the front page of the ad.

Post Your Comment
11/22/17 @ 8:46 AM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
USER since 5/6/16

I have a 7. Works nicely for what I need it for. I actually have the model just before they added the chirp. The chirp will only clear up the images and improve it. I am not a walleye or pan fisherman. I primarily cast for bass pike and musky. I use it for the gps and finding contours and the down imaging to find the weed edges. When I do walleye fish the arcs are pretty clear and easy to read. The functionality is pretty easy as well. There are always really cheap sales on these units. I got mine for $450 with $100 mail in rebate and it came with Navionics chip for the US. I think this might be coming to the end of this series though. With the prices of the Elites coming down and new technology coming into the pipeline they don't want to dilute the market and only sell a few of each. Better to sell a ton of a few to lower production costs and stay competitive in the market place. I could be wrong though.

Is this an in store sale only? I went online and it was still $500. I need a new unit for the bow of my boat. I was contemplating the Elite 5 for the bow but if the hook is that cheap I might go that route.

Post Your Comment