lookin for a walleye crank bait rod

9/9/15 @ 5:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
mostlyfishing
mostlyfishing
USER since 6/7/13
im a big fan of bait casters but when using the lighter stick baits, cant cast all that far and when its later fall or early spring when wearing gloves, i always feel like a birds nets is going to happen any seconed. So whats a good walleye crank bait rod in spinning for some where near the 100$ mark???? Thanks for any help
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
10/4/15 @ 6:58 PM
Marc Morrone
Marc711
USER since 9/3/08
Little late here - but we make a specialty 7'0" Medium, Moderate spinning rod for walleye cranks.

(715) 339-4209
Post Your Comment
10/4/15 @ 5:32 PM
mostlyfishing
mostlyfishing
USER since 6/7/13
Thanks guys for the help. I got a new steelhead rod the other day and When i was testing it out. i have found that it throws walleye cranks pretty good.

Post Your Comment
10/4/15 @ 7:57 AM
drummer boy
drummer boy
USER since 3/14/08
For lighter cranks with a spinning rod I prefer a ML power with a moderate action.You will be using a bait caster for larger cranks any way.A moderate action is just better for keeping fish on and helps with letting the fish take the bait when using cranks.Also go long at least 7ft.

Post Your Comment
9/14/15 @ 10:52 AM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
I too am strictly a Walleye guy, but lvoe the bait casters. However for the lighter crankbaits, I use a 7' or 7'6" Spinning Rod to eliminte that backlash with lighter abits and fighting wind.

Post Your Comment
9/9/15 @ 6:17 PM
Fletch Sweeney
Fletch Sweeney
USER since 1/17/10
Fenwick MODEL # HMG70MH-FS

always was a medium light 7-0 fan, but with heavier cranks and deep diving cranks I wanted to try a stiffer, faster action rod. Picked one of these up this spring and I love it. I actually always grab it first now.

Post Your Comment