SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Lake Insight Pro Vs. Navionics

3/24/15 @ 11:48 AM
INITIAL POST
cnorth
User since 1/5/05
I recently bought a Elite 4 that came with Lake insight Pro. I also purchased a Elite 7 HDI that I need to buy a card for. Now do I want to run two different or just go with the Insight Pro for the 7? Any thoughts on the Insight?
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
10/20/18 @ 9:10 AM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

I love my nav chip as much as the next guy, but does there really have to be a string of 5 separate posts out of the last 6 all "advertising " one particular brand. Smacks of a concerted effort. .....Cue the musical theme from "the Twilight Zone".....

10/16/18 @ 10:49 AM
eyelooking
eyelooking
User since 2/28/05

I agree and love Navionics mapping. Go to the Navionics website and check out the Chart Viewer to research the water your interested in. I add community edits using the Navionics mobile app and I also record sonar logs on all waters that I fish and upload those logs to the Navionics website making those maps even better. Navionics rocks!

3/24/15 @ 3:02 PM
KirtHt
User since 8/31/12
For the Elite 7 HDI I would rec. the Navionics + card, the Elite 7 is capable of running the high def SonarCharts layer thats available on Nav+. I would rec. going to Navionics.com and look for the web app in the blue bar, and here you will find a map preview page. To compare SonarCharts to the less detailed Nautical Charts click on the Sonar Icon on the lower left corner. Look at the lakes that you intend to fish and preview the mapping
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE