MORE
Fishing Equipment

Ice\ boat GPS locator combo

1/18/18 @ 12:18 PM
INITIAL POST
Hbz113
Hbz113
User since 7/2/15

Looking for recommendations on a GPS/ locator combo that I can use for ice fishing and in the boat, was looking at the Lowrance Hook 4 , your input is appreciated!

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
1/20/18 @ 10:50 PM
LeviM
LeviM
PRO MEMBER User since 2/25/12

I went to a helix 7 ice unit this winter and love it. I run a 9”&12” helix on my boat and went humminbird just for the mapping features. I can make an auto hart live map of a lake that I want to fish and use the same card in my ice unit come winter. Would be the same if running one unit. I do know of someone running a helix mega si (boat) transducer as an ice unit (9 or10”) and I’ll probably be upgrading to something like that next year, just based on his results. Awkward, but invaluable. 

1/19/18 @ 7:08 PM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09

The locator is mounted on OSB and just sits on the bucket lid . To stow it, just set it in the bucket and close the lid. It sits up nice and high off of the ice, so I can make adjustments without reaching. The ice packs are nicer looking, but the bucket has better function.

Ice\ boat  GPS locator combo photo by A5¢
1/19/18 @ 7:41 AM
mvanhank222
User since 12/16/13
Last I looked all lowrance ice ducers were 20 degrees.
1/18/18 @ 11:23 PM
A5¢
A5¢

I will be on Petenwell tomorrow. I'll take a few pictures then and post them.

1/18/18 @ 9:11 PM
Hbz113
Hbz113
User since 7/2/15

Yes would like to see a picture, do you know what the cone angle on the Lowrance ice transducer is?

1/18/18 @ 8:02 PM
A5¢
A5¢

I just put together my Lowrance Elite 5ti in a bucket, two 9 amp/hour batteries and an ice transducer. It works fantastic! If you would like a picture, I can get one.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE