MORE
Fishing Equipment

HELIX 7

8/10/17 @ 1:20 PM
INITIAL POST
czar1
czar1
User since 7/2/09
I HAVE A  HELIX 7 ONLY 2ND SEASON OF USE I HAD IT INSTALLED PROFESSIONALY IT WILL WORK AND OUT OF NO WHERE JUST TURN OFF MOST THE TIMES IN ORDER TO POWER IT BACK UP I HAVE TO DISCONNECT FROM THE BACK AND PLUG BACK IN WHICH OF COURSE IS CRAP HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM? DEFECTIVE UNIT, OTHERWISE IT WORKS FINE? 
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
8/12/18 @ 12:05 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

OK, I have a similar problem.  Installed a new battery yesterday, checked it in the driveway and it powered up fine.  Went fishing this morning and it worked fine for about an hour then nothing.  Even tried to turn it on with the motor running with no success.

Checked the terminals at the connection to the screen and I have 11.93 VDC.  Can't get any close to 12 than that!  Now I have a portable unit that had a setting where if the battery dropped below a certain threshold it would turn off but I haven't seen a setting for this.

Anyone out there eveer see this?  Quite irate right now.

8/13/17 @ 7:02 PM
bnc
User since 8/14/16

I have a Helix 7 and it is hooked directly to the crank battery. This spring mine did the same thing. Come to find out my battery was going bad. New battery problem went away.

8/11/17 @ 2:03 PM
czar1
czar1
User since 7/2/09
OK, THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!
8/11/17 @ 11:51 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

These newer electronics draw more power than the older ones.  I have a direct connect to may battery with 12 gage wire.  Keep in mind I am powering 3 units with that wire too.

8/10/17 @ 4:19 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
My dad has that problem with his and according to the marina it's not getting enough power, apparently.  Have you tried connection the power directly to the battery? I have a Humminbird, not a Helix, but only a year old and mine is hooked up directly to the battery and I haven't had any problems.
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE