HB 688 DI - Need help

5/7/15 @ 8:40 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Bog Monster
Bog Monster
USER since 8/12/04
I'm going to get a new HB 688. I was told that down imaging doesn't work at slow trolling motor fishing speeds. Does anyone have experience with this? Also, I have in-dash flasher and a Lowrance X-70A up front. Thinking of putting new 688 up front. Any thoughts? Thanks,
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
6/23/15 @ 12:33 PM
Brody McWilliams
BMac_Fishing
USER since 5/7/15
It would be just the same on sonar. It's how it works when you are moving slowly the images will appear stretched due to your speed. You can adjust the scroll speed to suit your preferences but you will get used to it either way.

Fish Indy Guide and Electronics Service
(317) 750-1580
Post Your Comment
5/7/15 @ 12:59 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER since 6/12/10
That's good to know. I just bought a DI unit for my kayak. I'm going to be having some very stretched out boulders.

Post Your Comment
5/7/15 @ 8:45 AM
Brody McWilliams
BMac_Fishing
USER since 5/7/15
For example. If you went over a 1 Foot round rock, cruising at normal speeds it would appear to be round and normal shaped, where as if your on trolling motor at slow speeds its obviously going to be distorted to more of an oval or something of that nature since it is so spread out depending on your speed and what not.

(317) 750-1580
Post Your Comment
5/7/15 @ 8:44 AM
Brody McWilliams
BMac_Fishing
USER since 5/7/15
Yes it works.... It's one of the most popular discrepancies among most fisherman right now. Down Imagine and Side Imaging both WORK no matter what the speed. It's the same as sonar though, you just have to understand that whatever you are picking up will of course be distorted since you are not going smoothly over it at cruising speed. Honestly I love DI/down scan at the trolling motor. It helps to separate structure/fish/weeds a lot better in my opinion. Just takes a tad bit of getting used to.

(317) 750-1580
Post Your Comment