Great Deal on Best Headlamp Ever

5/18/15 @ 10:15 AM
ORIGINAL POST
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
I am on my second one of these over the last 15 years (model has changed some over time)...but this is great price if you are looking for a VERY nice headlamp bright enough cast shorelines from boat and illuminate trails at night when ice fishing, etc. http://www.steepandcheap.com/gear-cache/black-diamond/BLD3370-ALU
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
6/4/15 @ 7:26 PM
splashman
splashman
USER since 6/26/01
I'll throw another brand on the list. LED Lenser is quality made.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/LED-Lenser174-H14-Headlamp/1407555.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dlenser%26x%3D10%26y%3D6%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=lenser#BVRRWidgetID

Edited on 6/4/15 7:28 PM
Post Your Comment
6/4/15 @ 4:36 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
luvh2o, look at the 3 brands, Petzl, Princeton tec, black diamond. These are the quality brands, $25 and up, and you can occasionally find good deals on them. I have always used Princeton tec for 15 years and never had an issue with headbands or the mechanism. These are the fave brands for climbers, cavers and kayakers where there is no room for low quality or flimsy headbands.

Post Your Comment
6/2/15 @ 10:57 AM
luvh20
luvh20
USER since 1/19/14
BM12, This is the kind of strap I'm talking about. Every headlamp I've had with this type always seems to come off.

I'm always trying to find one that doesn't have that little slot that the strap slips out of.

I'm sure they're all made that way in China so its easier for assembly.

Post Your Comment
6/2/15 @ 8:48 AM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
Being a Boy Scout leader and a gear junkie, I have lots of flashlights. In fact my buddies give me grief because I sleep with a headlamp on when camping, you never know what scout is going to need something in the middle of the night. With that said, I bet I have purchased 25 headlamps over the years, form the cheap $5.00 ones to spending well over $100. What I have found is that the one that use an easily replaceable battery as in AA or AAA are the best. The batteries can be replaced in the middle of the weekend, they don't have to be recharged. They are some what disposable in case you lose them, you haven't lost $100 bucks. I do splurge though and buy the expensive Lithium batteries, they seem to last a bit longer, and are bright right up until the end. Get one with an LED bulb, not incadescent. Go to Menards they have several to choose from that actually have quite a bit of Lumens.

Post Your Comment
6/1/15 @ 8:05 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
I dont even know how the straps come off on this one because I set it a bunch of years ago and never had to adjust it since. I am pretty sure there is no velcro, but and adjustable elastic band

Post Your Comment
6/1/15 @ 6:28 AM
luvh20
luvh20
USER since 1/19/14
I'm sure they're great lamps. The problem I have with every headlamp is the straps. I just want one that will stay attached. I don't need anything fancy as far as bulbs,lumens, colors, etc...

Does anyone make one that the strap does not detach from the lamp itself?

That would be MY best headlamp ever.

Post Your Comment
5/25/15 @ 6:50 PM