Fishing Tackle

12/15/15 @ 11:50 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Bigeyehunter1
Bigeyehunter1
MEMBER since 12/27/13
Does anyone know the Wisconsin regulations for using speed hooks,yo yo reels and underwater lights . Not all used together just in general but all for ice fishing.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 Posts
1/8/16 @ 2:13 AM
Bigeyehunter1
Bigeyehunter1
MEMBER since 12/27/13
here is a website for the speed hooks , I guess you can consider them self setting. yes the green crappie lights.

Post Your Comment
1/6/16 @ 7:24 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
It's not just the money. From then on that's the first thing the warden will think of when he sees that person.

I got a ticket for unregistered motorboat almost 30 years ago. The warden still remembers that there was an osprey nearby as he wrote the ticket.

And it's the only time I've been cited by the WDNR.

Post Your Comment
1/6/16 @ 3:40 PM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
breaking a fishing regulation is probably the best law you can break based on bad advice from someone. Mostly likely just several hundred bucks out of your pocket unless you are totally being a pain. Imagine getting bad tax advice or building permit advice, etc.

Post Your Comment
12/27/15 @ 1:43 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
boB-the problem is that the correct answer is usually but not always offered but some folks will always take it as correct. That's fine if it's techniques or depths or what lake is best... Or even for general stuff.

Asking about regulations is asking for legal advice. If the "advisor" is only wrong once...

Post Your Comment
12/26/15 @ 4:04 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
If I recall, you can find your local warden's contact info on the DNR website which will include their email address. I have emailed our warden up north many times and he usually gets back to me within a day. He's a great guy and when I finally ran into him out fishing one weekend, he recalled our email correspondence

Post Your Comment
12/25/15 @ 6:13 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
good idea, and if you don't want to call, you can chat or email.

http://dnr.wi.gov/contact/

I do the email route, and it works good, in some cases I've replied back to get further clarification, or to clarify my questions

edit: if it's a question asked on Lake-Link, I usually will post the answer to share the knowledge

Post Your Comment
12/25/15 @ 2:19 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
Call the wdnr customer info line for legal advice regarding wdnr regs. Don't get it from anonymous internet posters.

1-888-936-7463

Post Your Comment
12/25/15 @ 1:59 PM
JamesD
JamesD
USER since 2/16/04
All good. Could you define "speed hooks" for me, to be sure. Self retracting fish house reels and auto hook setting tip up stuff is OK. I can turn on my fish cam light when the screen gets too fuzzy to see but I usually wait. Are you talking about those green lights for crappie fishermen?

Post Your Comment