Did I in interpret my locator right?

5/23/16 @ 3:10 PM
ORIGINAL POST
wet-net
wet-net
USER since 1/8/03

Do you Interpret these screen shots different ?

Edited on 5/23/16 3:12 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
5/24/16 @ 9:32 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
what was said about colors is true, mine is set up to show harder bottom in brighter colors

for some other free advice/education, there's a ton of stuff on youtube and various sites

here's a couple to start with

doctorsonar.com/blogs/educational-articles

Doug Vahrenberg

Humminbird TV Youtube

youtube lowrance

Post Your Comment
5/24/16 @ 8:55 AM
mendota
mendota
MEMBER since 12/19/01

Hard bottom IS brighter from a sonar point of view, but the color palette you chose may not show it that way.

Actually, it looked like you went from a firm bottom, and then over or near a clay bank / depression that gave you a multiple echo.

Post Your Comment
5/23/16 @ 9:35 PM
wet-net
wet-net
USER since 1/8/03

THANKS GUYS..  I was thinking wrong. I thought hard would be brighter then soft because it  bounce off faster .

Post Your Comment
5/23/16 @ 9:02 PM
Ed Franko
Big Ed's Guide Service
USER since 5/6/15

You have the soft and hard switched . As far as the fish I would say they are bait fish in that shallow of water.. The bigger the hook the bigger the fish.  The photo I posted is a bunch of inactive fish.  They are just hanging out.What I would really like to see is a cloud of bait with fish streaking through them.  Yes you could vertical spoon those fish and i did that day but could not get a taker. 

Big Ed’s Guide Service
(573) 692-6710
Post Your Comment
5/23/16 @ 8:39 PM
muskie nut
muskie nut
USER since 6/26/01
I would say you have your soft/hard bottom mixed up. The yellowish area looks to be soft due to the sonar is able to get an image of the thickness of the soft bottom.  If hard it would be one solid color, not several degrees of hardness.  Hard is hard - period.  If soft there can be degrees of soft bottom, like clay, muck, sand, etc.  It also looks like the reddish/yellowish area below the stump (if that is what it is) seems to be a wee bit harder than the other pic of soft bottom.  As for the fish, most likely they are.  

Edited on 5/23/16 8:43 PM
Post Your Comment