cleaning screen on Lawrance Mark 5.

5/27/14 @ 7:19 PM
ORIGINAL POST
jbird68
jbird68
MEMBER since 1/24/05
How do you clean the screen on the color Mark 5? Mine always has water spots and looks like a rainbow. I've tried just a wet paper towel. I heard that you don't want to use windex type cleaners. I just can't get it cleaned. When I do finally get it cleaned, is there a screen protector I can put on it like cell phones have?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
6/3/14 @ 11:36 AM
marbleeyes7
marbleeyes7
USER since 4/1/12
vinager and water works great, i have also had good luck with a screen cleaner product cabelas sells it is endorsed by a prof. fisherman but i can not remember his name. i keep the bottle and the nice soft rag it comes with in the boat and wipe clean as needed.

Post Your Comment
6/3/14 @ 8:09 AM
ere
ere
USER since 2/22/07
alcohol may remove any anti glare finish, never use paper towels.

Post Your Comment
6/3/14 @ 6:15 AM
fishs
fishs
MEMBER since 2/17/04
Vinegar/water mix. No ammonia!!!

Post Your Comment
6/2/14 @ 3:50 PM
Grey Beard
Grey Beard
USER since 1/27/02
I use Sparkle but for water spots the vinegar mixture should work nicely. I carry a small spray bottle in the boat plus the microfiber towel that came with the Lowrance. I think that works way better than paper towel and worried that a wood based material like paper towel could scratch the screen.

I'm not sure a stick on after market screen protector would help that much. Just best to wipe it down more frequently and don't touch the screen with greasy fingers.

Grey Beard

Post Your Comment
6/2/14 @ 12:24 PM
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
USER since 12/26/04
40% vinegar and 60% water. Read it awhile back on one of the forums. WORKS GREAT!

Post Your Comment
5/30/14 @ 9:13 PM
wet-net
wet-net
USER since 1/8/03
A few yours ago I read this on walleye central and I have been doing it since and it works great. In a small spray bottle I mix up 50% water with 50% Isopropyl Alcohol 99% by volume.http://www.amazon.com/Swan-Isopropyl-Alcohol-99-Pint/dp/B001B5JT8C/ref=pd_sim_bt_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1XBE8N4QXED1SBSE4EHN

Edited on 5/30/14 9:20 PM
Post Your Comment