Chirp comments from users?

4/8/15 @ 1:39 PM
ORIGINAL POST
watspan
watspan
USER since 8/3/12
Can anyone that has used the new "Chirp" technology comment on likes/dislikes/usefullness etc.?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 16 Posts
6/2/15 @ 11:32 AM
Brody McWilliams
BMac_Fishing
USER since 5/7/15
Not at all, same with all Lowrance Units

Fish Indy Guide and Electronics Service
(317) 750-1580
Post Your Comment
5/29/15 @ 5:29 PM
1up
1up
USER since 7/22/06
are there any software issues with uploading gps points via sd card from an older unit to these? some one mentioned that to me and from what I see on Lowrance site they take a standard sd card. Any comments from current users thanks in advance

Post Your Comment
5/29/15 @ 2:34 PM
watspan
watspan
USER since 8/3/12
any more chirpers?

Post Your Comment
5/8/15 @ 3:36 PM
watspan
watspan
USER since 8/3/12
thanks for your input--I appreciate your experience!

Post Your Comment
5/7/15 @ 9:20 AM
Brody McWilliams
BMac_Fishing
USER since 5/7/15
CHIRP is definitely an improvement over normal broadband sonar, however it is not that revolutionary in my opinion. I have ran several different CHIRP units (Raymarine Dragonfly, Garmin's on 2 different units, Humminbird ONIX, Elite CHIRP, and Gen 3 HDS Chirp). So far I was most impressed with Garmin's sonar.

The only time it really makes a large difference if you are specifically looking for smaller bait fish and what not. I Still honestly prefer normal 200khz normal sonar or CHIRP Medium alongside 455 down and side scan. I have been in numerous of different people's boats for my lessons and gotten to experience tons of different setups and it is still my preferred way to go and normally theirs as well once I show them the differences.

TLBig SmileR- Chirp is an improvement but not HUGE

Fish Indy Guide and Electronics Service
(317) 750-1580
Post Your Comment
4/24/15 @ 8:09 AM
watspan
watspan
USER since 8/3/12
I'm interested!

Post Your Comment
4/24/15 @ 1:00 AM
Glass Crapie
Glass Crapie
USER since 3/1/08
Chirp definitely an improvement! I had elite 7 HDI for 2 years and loved it. Bought a new boat this year and bought the Elite 7HDI Chirp and the picture quality is leaps and bounds better... iv only used it a couple times but I am very happy I upgraded... Its the Best bang for the buck out there in my opinion. Friend of mine bought the 7hdi last year because he loved mine..... And now hes jealous!

Post Your Comment
4/23/15 @ 9:44 AM
watspan
watspan
USER since 8/3/12
thanks for the real-life experience. Is the Chirp technology an improvement?

Post Your Comment
4/21/15 @ 3:52 PM
capt.spanky
capt.spanky
USER since 6/12/02
I have the dragon fly two years now. The transducer is very touchy to tripping and needs to really be cranked down to the point you feel like you are WAY over doing it. I still have release issues with it at running speeds. The detachment of the unit from the mount is a PIA but becomes manageable with practice. Good news is the unit works very well. I replaced a Raymarine DSX600 I had for years w/o incident. Big Smile

Post Your Comment
4/21/15 @ 3:28 PM
CRSTLNR1750
CRSTLNR1750
USER since 4/25/06
I have heard the mounts for the dragonfly are not that easy to use, i.e. once you remove from the mount, it takes some time to re-attach.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 16 Posts