Best Spinning Reel?

11/24/17 @ 7:36 AM
ORIGINAL POST
jackel2
jackel2
USER since 4/24/08

his video explains why I think this is the best spinning reel.  I own 7 of these, some over 10 years old and they still work perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnOImVq4DXw

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
12/8/17 @ 5:13 PM
boge
boge
USER since 2/2/06

I’m 60 and have easily owned over 40 reels over the years. Couple Diawas,one Pfluger,a few Cardinals, one Quantum and the rest Shimano. Clean them annually and oil as needed.  I have nothing “against” any one brand.I’ve spent over a hundred bucks on a few older Stradics but my fave is what my “best” rigs have now. The Shimano Sahara. I LOVE the weightless of these babies!! Not too pricy 80$. I would recommend a Sedona also.Real nice reel for around 55$. My baitcasters are Garcia’s and Shimano. Kids are gone now but my whole family and their friends ;fished and man my stuff got used and abused. Boy Jackyl,”about” one year on that Shimano.Terrible.

Post Your Comment
12/8/17 @ 12:25 PM
jackel2
jackel2
USER since 4/24/08

I agree, it comes down to ones opinion and personal experience. 

25 years ago , I didn't have much money and buying a new spinning reel was a BIG deal I bought a Shimano reel.  It lasted about 1 season - I tried out a Pflueger President and liked it.  25 years later when I want to expand my spinning arsenal I never even consider buying another reel. 

Post Your Comment
12/8/17 @ 12:21 PM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
USER since 2/5/05

Mr Bass, I'm with you on the Pfluegers.

Post Your Comment
12/7/17 @ 3:35 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER since 6/12/10

I don't care for Phlueger and never have.  I prefer Daiwa, Shimano, or Abu's.

Post Your Comment
12/7/17 @ 3:26 PM
RandyPrice
RandyPrice
USER since 9/25/17

BigMusky12 sorry I must have missed where it was limited to a certain price point.  For the $$ I think it's hard to beat the Shimano Sahara.  I have a buddy that works for Cabela's in WI and the Sahara is their biggest seller.

Edited on 12/7/17 3:33 PM
Post Your Comment
12/7/17 @ 2:13 PM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
USER since 2/5/05

I've been using Scheels spinning reels the last couple years. Have been great and very reasonable also.

Post Your Comment
12/7/17 @ 1:48 PM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
USER since 12/22/04

Stradic is totally different price point.

Shimano Sedona would be more appropriate

Post Your Comment
12/7/17 @ 1:45 PM
RandyPrice
RandyPrice
USER since 9/25/17

I have been using Shimano Stradic's for the last 20 years and have never been let down.  I still use a 2000 FG on one of my rods and it works as good now as when I bought it.

Post Your Comment
12/7/17 @ 12:52 AM
J-theFisherman
J-theFisherman
USER since 1/29/15

Presidents are really good reels, but I feel like they're a bit overrated and people think they're the only reel that's a good bang for the buck. There's quite a few other reels that match or surpass qualities of the pflueger president near the same price, and it also all comes down to opinion and personal preference. I really like daiwa's such as the revros. It's definitely significantly smoother than the pflueger president, it lasts, and has more quality components and technologies. 

Post Your Comment