MORE
Fishing Equipment

Berkely PowerBait

12/4/17 @ 10:12 PM
INITIAL POST
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Does anyone know if PowerBait goes bad with time?  I have a couple of bags of worms and grubs that I've had since the stuff was introduced (15+ years?). It still smells OK. I've had Gulp go rancid on me but don't know about PowerBait.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 21 posts
12/15/17 @ 7:31 AM
fishiz2
fishiz2
User since 7/1/03

If it goes bad, you will catch bugle trout with it. I have the same thing going on, @15 years old or so but still works. 

12/12/17 @ 8:18 AM
phishin phool
phishin phool
PRO MEMBER User since 4/5/08

BigMusky12, Slick idea, I like that! I just showed that to my wife. Her first comment is those "sinkos" have a different diameter and might fall different.

12/11/17 @ 8:05 AM
phishin phool
phishin phool

jkb, dunno, never have tried a floating tail worm. Sure, we could try but why stop using what works??? Well, of course the argument to that was what my wife told me when she started using the wacky worm stuff...

12/10/17 @ 7:56 AM
phishin phool
phishin phool

jkb, my wife has been killin' 'em with her ned head rigs. 3" straights in crawdad color. It just baffles me the way she can catch em on the set up!

12/7/17 @ 8:30 AM
phishin phool
phishin phool

jkb, interesting observation there. I liked and laughed at your comparison with the trucks!

12/6/17 @ 12:53 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Yup.  The bags that my old PowerBait are in are getting pretty brittle.

12/6/17 @ 8:14 AM
phishin phool
phishin phool

jkb, thanks. Since I switched to Yum products in 2006 I have been using the green pumpkin and it has become my new go to bait. Specifically, the 4" Dinger. Depending on water color, watermelon seed, watermelon seed red flake, black perial laminate, green pumpkin purple and cajun neon. BPS brand is where I get my 4" grubs as they are sometimes thicker then the Yum grubs. Wheww, sorry I got so long winded...

12/5/17 @ 3:42 PM
phishin phool
phishin phool

BugleTrout, well, I can not rate the new stuff. I stopped buying after they quit making the 4" single tail grub in pumpkinseed color. That had been my go to bait for many years. As far as a smell goes, I sometimes poured fish formula (baitfish) into the bag. Perhaps that helped when the bleeding of colors happened. Never thought that much about it...till now. 

12/5/17 @ 9:45 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Interesting.  I have two different colors of worms in the same bag and neither has bled into the other.  But again, those may have been the original recipe from 15, maybe even 20 years ago.  I know that they must have changed the formula somewhere along the way because I bought some larger PowerBait swim baits last year and they don't smell anything like the old worms and grubs that I have.  The new stuff doesn't have much of a smell at all.

12/5/17 @ 8:45 AM
phishin phool
phishin phool

BugleTrout, so far, I have never had an issue with it "going bad". Only issue I have ever had was self induced...I mistakenly mixed colors. Got some interesting mixtures. They looked good to me but, the fish sure didn't care for them. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 21 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE