Anyone use a Shimano Ultegra 3000?

1/10/18 @ 10:01 AM
ORIGINAL POST
RandyPrice
RandyPrice
USER since 9/25/17
I've been looking for a new spinning reel and like the looks/price/features of the Shimano Ultegra.  Do any of you guys have one and if so are you happy with it?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
1/12/18 @ 11:48 PM
J-theFisherman
J-theFisherman
USER since 1/29/15

Not a problem. For $80 bucks you're getting something smooth, powerful, and should last a long time. Easily one of the best bangs for the buck, and you'll definitely not be disappointed.

Post Your Comment
1/12/18 @ 11:56 AM
RandyPrice
RandyPrice
USER since 9/25/17
Thanks for the reply J-thefisherman.  I did look at the Sahara and the Nasci and agree for the $$ the Sahara is a great deal.  The sales guy at Cabela's told me that Sahara is their biggest seller.

Post Your Comment
1/12/18 @ 1:30 AM
J-theFisherman
J-theFisherman
USER since 1/29/15

The shimano ultegra is a decent reel. If you want my personal thoughts though I wouldn't recommend it. The ultegra is basically the same reel as the shimano nasci except it has a worm oscillation gear which makes line lay a little better, but the reel actually doesn't feel as smooth and it's also significantly more expensive. If you're on a budget I personally just say either get the sahara if water intrusion and salt isn't an issue, and the nasci if those factors are an issue since the reel is sealed better. If you can save up money though, I would just get a stradic. It's more rigid, sealed, smoother, powerful, etc, and it's just about $50 more. Or actually you can get them brand new now for around the same price on amazon or ebay. 

Post Your Comment