520C GPS Problem

4/7/14 @ 6:33 AM
ORIGINAL POST
haf2fsh
haf2fsh
MEMBER since 6/23/01
I need help solving a problem with GPS operation on my older Lowrance 520c. When I hooked it up last week, everything worked fine except it came up on the screen, gps inoperative. I've checked all the connections, don't know how its fused if that would have anything to do with it. Never had a problem with it before. Could there be a problem with the puck ? Lowrance tech support sent me things to try......... Any help would be appreciated.............
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
4/29/14 @ 12:15 PM
LUV2HNT
LUV2HNT
USER since 11/3/03
Haf2fsh. Did you ever get it working?

Post Your Comment
4/13/14 @ 7:16 PM
LUV2HNT
LUV2HNT
USER since 11/3/03
I have had this twice in the past also. Undo the black cable from the unit and any other juntions in the network. I think bouncing around over time works it loose. I have 1 puck for 2 units... Under my console where they all join is usually the connection that needs tightening or snugged up and it works again. I freaked the first time it happened to me while on vacation... Wife comes down to the dock asking what's broke and why I'm lying on my back with my head up under the console... Should have 2 fuses on the power lead to the unit. 1 to power unit and other is for GPS puck...

Good Luck!

Post Your Comment
4/7/14 @ 6:38 AM
wet-net
wet-net
USER since 1/8/03
Check the power to the puck. Their is one black power wire that comes off the puck to power

Post Your Comment