Sprout Naturals Dog Food

2/19/18 @ 9:04 AM
ORIGINAL POST
.Long Barrels
.Long Barrels
USER since 12/9/14
Has anyone been using this food?  I have been on the look out for new food for my pup.  He is will be a year old in a few months.  Sprout Naturals ingredients are really interesting.  If you compare it to all the other brands out there it looks like it's some really good stuff for a fraction of the price.  To me it looks better than most foods even with Chicken or meats as the first ingredients.  Just looking for other peoples opinion.  I am fighting the "fleet farm brand" stigma...but ingredients are ingredients,  I don't know how you can argue it.  At least corn isn't the second ingredient like most foods that cost more per pound.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
5/16/18 @ 4:30 AM
adrianastepheny
adrianastepheny
USER since 5/3/18

Sprout Naturals Dog Food, Yes I use it. It's completely Okay. Though, Price is a little bit high.

Post Your Comment
4/3/18 @ 10:43 AM
.Long Barrels
.Long Barrels
USER since 12/9/14

Bluefin - the ingredients speak volumes.  All these big name brands,  there isn't really many Purina flavors that are that great.  it's all corn this,  corn that.  Not if you look at Sprout naturals,  chicken, rice, no corn products or cheap filler.  My dog has been doing very well on it.  I actually sent the ingredient list to Dog food advisor and they told me it would rate 4 star - recommended.  Purina Pro plan is a 3 star.  Even Iams and Eukanuba,  they are supposed to be the best.  corn for the 2nd or 3rd ingredient and rating on those brands are NOT that good.  you pay more for a big name and get less.

Post Your Comment
4/2/18 @ 10:59 AM
bluefin16
bluefin16
USER since 1/9/08

Switched my 100 lb. Lab to sprout a couple weeks ago. Seems to be doing better on the sprout natural than he did on taste of the wild or the Purina pro sport. He has had digestive issues his whole life, varying from diarehia to constpation from day to day. Seems to be much more regular on this..... so far.  Like the price and according to the feeding guideline I feed less also. 

I was skeptical and still am to a point but getting less and less by the day.

Post Your Comment
4/1/18 @ 6:25 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
USER since 12/19/10

We got our dog (yellow lab) about 6 months ago from a reputable breeder and they suggested using Purina pro plan sport dog food. The cheapest place we found it was on Chewy.com and shipping is free. 

Post Your Comment
3/31/18 @ 6:15 AM
UFCreel
UFCreel
USER since 1/4/11

I have a Golden Retriever and two Rottweilers. We feed Diamond Naturals. Which you can get on line or at Menards. It rates real high as far as dog foods go. My dogs all love it.

Post Your Comment
3/25/18 @ 7:21 PM
yamatroller
yamatroller
USER since 5/7/06

I have fed my last 2 dogs Ultra Sprout from Fleet. My last lab lasted till he was over 14 yrs old and the Lab I have now is 11 and still going strong.  Now he is up to Sprout Senior 2 cups in the morning and 2 cups in the evening and running around like he is still a pup!! The vet says he is doing great and I tell her its Ultra Sprout and a lot of walks!!

Post Your Comment
3/25/18 @ 9:54 AM
SPRINGERMAN
SPRINGERMAN
USER since 12/22/05

Try country vet naturals it is really good food at a resonible price.You can find a dealer on there web site.

Post Your Comment
2/19/18 @ 6:41 PM
hunting4keeps
hunting4keeps
USER since 3/13/17
I have a finicky pup when it comes to dog food, although she will eat ANY people food, from fresh fish and goose to raw veggies (no kidding she ENJOYS celery, romaine and raw jalapenos). We have tried 3 comparable grain free natural brands at the recommendation of others. We finally found one at Menards that's reasonably affordable and that she will eat, called "Under the Sun". I haven't tried Sprouts to give you an opinion either way, but just be careful how you transition them to the new food as to not upset their GI and to watch for allergies. I wouldn't worry so much about buying the food from FF, but rather the ingredients, brand reputation and the acceptance from your pup. If you can save money, do it, but not at the expense of your pups health of course. Just keep doing your homework as you are. 

If you're interested - 

Edited on 3/9/18 10:14 AM
Post Your Comment
2/19/18 @ 4:34 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

This was years ago but when I got my first dog, my Vet told me that there was no worse food that I could feed my dog than Sprouts.  But it wasn't called Sprouts Naturals back then so I don't know if they've improved their quality over the years.

Post Your Comment