Two Rivers/Manitowoc, Lake Michigan

1/12/16 @ 11:29 PM
ORIGINAL POST
4 reel
4 reel
USER since 12/9/10
I am checking out a couple places to spay my pup (2yo). My current vet, another vet in the area and the Milwaukee Humane Society. I'll be honest I'm a little concerned about my girl. I want her to be comfortable, treated well and most importantly safe. I was planning on using my vet then I started talking to a couple people. It started when I mentioned the price of $600.00. I thought that was the norm? A neighbor said that is very expensive. Should be more around $350.00. Now this being the topic of must conversations for me right now, talking to a couple people they mentioned and suggested I use the milwaukee humane society. Best place for the surgery they say? Only vets that are specialized and that's all they do. So I called to ask a couple questions, it was sounding good till the price $100.00? WTH? What are they not doing? How can it be that cheap? Now I'm really flustered. Please help. Any suggestions? Anyone ever use the humane society for a procedure? Thoughts? Thank you.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 7,505 Posts
7/15/16 @ 11:06 AM
velocity
velocity
USER since 5/12/16

I have to agree with an earlier post. "Why wouldn't you use your regular vet"? If you are reluctant, why do you have him/her as your vet in the first place? Good luck.

Post Your Comment
2/2/16 @ 8:29 AM
PntrRookie
PntrRookie
USER since 4/4/05
Call Dr. Chris at Lake Geneva Animal Hospital for an estimate. (262) 248-4790 He is a great guy and understands our dogs. I just had a surgery done at a suburban Milwaukee Vet clinic and feel I got the "Suburban Milwaukee" price. Dr. Chris is as honest as they get. http://www.lakegenevaanimalhospital.com/

Post Your Comment
1/31/16 @ 6:00 PM
hunterofducks
hunterofducks
USER since 8/1/03
My daughter used the humane society service, 5 years ago it was $80.00. If it is about the money ask the questions as indicated below about the docs, but we had no complaints, they did a good job and everything went fine. Place was clean the people were nice.

I just made an appointment for our male to get neutered and it is over $450, but this surgery is a little more complicated so I will use my vet and Milwaukee is a little out of my area.

Post Your Comment
1/31/16 @ 11:18 AM
Watchinbobbers
Watchinbobbers
USER since 6/30/10
Just had my GSP done. We go to a nice clinic in Green Bay where we have always gotten good quality care.

They ran blood work before procedure. Got the spay done. She also had a couple extra teeth that were not growing in the normal way so she had x-rays taken and 2 teeth pulled. Then they kept her overnight for observation. All that and take home meds came to a total of $390.

Post Your Comment
1/16/16 @ 1:18 PM
dufferfish
dufferfish
USER since 1/28/07
Just had my lab done a month ago not a big deal.I paid $375.00 Had her home in 4hrs.Good luck hope you don't any issues.

Post Your Comment
1/14/16 @ 3:06 PM
Wright6
Wright6
USER since 2/5/14
I think I paid around $550 for my lab last June.

Post Your Comment
1/14/16 @ 10:30 AM
SHEEPD0G
SHEEPD0G
USER since 5/22/12
If your normal vet is good enough for everything else why would you not choose them to spay your dog? In the grand scheme of things what's $500 when it comes to the care of your dog? I chose my vet because of the great care and services they provide, I'll gladly pay whatever they charge for their services. I've got a lot of money stuck into each dog between initial purchase price and the hours I've got stuck into training them to the level that would cost thousands at a professional trainer, I'm not gonna worry about spending a couple hundred extra. Something goes bad with the surgery or afterwards and you're gonna eat up that couple hundred you saved in no time, or possibly have to replace your dog entirely in a worst case scenario. At the end of the day the dog is a member of the family, would you skimp on healthcare for your kids? I know I wouldn't.

Post Your Comment
1/14/16 @ 9:16 AM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
I would be careful of any $100 price tag - ask questions.

Are the surgeons or assistants fresh, vet school interns and trainees?

Post Your Comment
1/13/16 @ 11:30 AM
Team Crap Eye
Team Crap Eye
USER since 1/24/09
Where I live the low price was only applied to low income people. I had to use my vet at full price.

Post Your Comment