SEARCH
MORE
Dogs & Dog Training

Oral Tick prevention WARNING

9/23/18 @ 7:27 AM
INITIAL POST
Landin' Lunkers
User since 6/4/12

I have been giving my dogs nexgard for tics. Works great. Now there is some FDA warning out. Granted the FDA is a fancy bs term for an approval thats not even valuable untill a product is tested in a massive group, is saying oral tic meds can cause seizures.  

There are other brands. My vet says topicals are not in this category. So I will be switching back to Frontline. Just figired id give a heads up.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/NewsEvents/CVMUpdates/ucm620934.htm&ved=2ahUKEwi3mt7Wj9HdAhWYxIMKHQoQBLAQFjACegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw26B7H2Fp3BJjA5C4ZreNgi

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
10/5/18 @ 10:13 AM
Wilbur29
Wilbur29
User since 10/25/13

We've used a Seresto (sp?) tick collar for our lab. Never had any problems with reaction to it and better yet, no ticks. We are in the country and he is out in the woods daily.

10/1/18 @ 9:42 AM
9/23/18 @ 8:38 PM
yamatroller
User since 5/7/06

I have an 11 yr old lab that has always had a seizure problem and had to have him on medication to control them. Well it only took me about 10 yrs to figure it out but it was Frontline that was giving him the seizures. Gave him Frontline this spring and the next day he had a seizure. So I switched to the cheap tick med from Menards, haven't given him any more meds and he has not had another seizure this summer. He doesn't get anymore ticks on him then with Frontline, this med is about 1/3 the price and don't have to pay $25 a month for meds.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE