Duck Dog Training near the Fox Valley

4/27/15 @ 4:23 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Whack 'em & Stack 'em
Whack 'em & Stack 'em
USER since 9/16/09
Getting into duck hunting and I have a 1 year old female lab I would like to take with me. The problem is I just do not have the patience/time nor knowledge to properly train her to retrieve ducks properly from my boat while hunting. Are there any trainers around/close to the Fox Valley/Appleton or does anyone have any recommendations? My wife is not a big fan of me spending a lot of money on this so I'm looking for something reasonable, any ideas will help... thanks!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
5/5/15 @ 5:51 PM
drptine
drptine
USER since 6/6/07
Timber ridge Retrievers. Dave Ward. Guy is good. He is over by Mayville.

Post Your Comment
5/5/15 @ 10:45 AM
Whack 'em & Stack 'em
Whack 'em & Stack 'em
USER since 9/16/09
Thanks to everyone for the helpful information, and to the one guy who has nothing better to do then troll internet sites to add his 2 cents that no one cares about, thanks anyway for your terrific attempt at humor.

Post Your Comment
4/30/15 @ 4:57 PM
red rover
red rover
MEMBER since 8/19/12
Most Pro trainers will want to have your dog in training for at least 3 months, if that is too costly, I would suggest that you train the dog yourself. You might ask if any pro trainers offer walk-on days where you can join in with them (for a daily fee of course) Red

Post Your Comment
4/30/15 @ 1:06 PM
Shad
Shad
USER since 8/27/01
You should consider doing it yourself. After all, after you spend lots of money, the trainer is going to have to train you, the new handler, as well! You only need 10-15 minutes twice a day and I can help you set up a plan, shoot me a message at getthenet@wi-net.com if interested. Hug the Hound!

Post Your Comment
4/29/15 @ 10:48 AM
BigThreeForLife
BigThreeForLife
USER since 12/29/09
http://www.webshirekennels.com/dog-training/gun-dog-training/

Best if you can make time to transfer what has been taught by the trainer. I have trained with Brian and would recomend him to anyone in the area.

Post Your Comment
4/28/15 @ 5:49 AM
MallardAbuse
MallardAbuse
USER since 11/18/04
You don't have 30 or 45 minutes every night? Wow you must be busy.

Post Your Comment