Active Leukemia In Dogs

6/19/14 @ 4:18 PM
ORIGINAL POST
dcsnick1
dcsnick1
USER since 4/8/08
Being that I have just lost a very young and good dog to this, I started to research it. It came on fast, within days to Shelby. Never heard of a dog having this before. Has anyone heard of it, or had it happen to them. I called the breeder from where she came from and pretty much got blown off. Lady didn't seem to care that it happened, or that some of the pups from that litter may have it happen to them.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
7/1/14 @ 2:38 PM
fshnuts
fshnuts
USER since 6/12/06
I have heard of leukemia in dogs but not the active one. One would think as you did that there may be something in the bloodline due to the young age of your dog. What a heartless comment to get blown off by the breeder. Doesn't care once they got their money? I am also sorry to hear about your dog's passing. I just lost mine too and know exactly the void that is left when they are gone.

Post Your Comment
6/24/14 @ 10:47 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03
I've never heard of "active" leukemia in dogs before. I saw your other post on the pictures thread. I'm sorry to hear about your pup. I'm also sorry to hear about the response you got from the breeder. When you are ready for a new pup, you know one place not to look.

Post Your Comment