SEARCH
MORE
Catfish Fishing

Volga Lake channel cat

7/8/17 @ 10:09 PM
INITIAL POST
Monkeymaster
User since 2/22/17

Went fishing in Volga Lake in NE Iowa, water was very stained from this weeks rain.

I was using dead chubs cut up, and sonnys regular with a tube on my 2nd pole, my wife and kids were throughing small jigs for crappie and bass.

My wife was throwing out a 2" Mr Twister sassy shad grey with black back with guld minnow spray scent, when she thought she had a snag, low and behold she had a 5 lb channel take it.

I reeled in the sonnys and started throwing black 2" twister tail, and caught 1 small crappie.

$&^*^%$#!@#$$!@@!!!!

That was it, got on the water a 6:30 am and off at noon, cat bit around 8:00.

Slow day

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts
7/15/17 @ 9:47 PM
crawriverrat
crawriverrat
User since 10/27/02
Cool story bro
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE