MORE
Catfish Fishing

Heavy wire jighead

10/5/17 @ 12:05 PM
INITIAL POST
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

OK. I've got a trip coming up to a local river where I drift a certain hole and consistently get into nice flatheads while trying for walleyes. I use 1/4-3/8 oz jigheads with a 3" plastic tail and tip it with a magnum fathead minnow. I upgraded last season from walleye rods, 6'3" long with 8 lb braid, to medium rods, 7'6" long and 15 lb braid. I am looking for some jigheads that are made on at least 2x wire hooks so I can put a little more heat on them without bending the jig hook back and losing them. I thought about trying hand tied steelhead jigs as they are made with stronger hooks. Anybody with a good suggestion? Thanks in advance and tight lines this fall!!

Jimmy

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
10/17/17 @ 1:47 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Think I found exactly what I was looking for!

catfish jigs

10/8/17 @ 10:12 AM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06
Got lots of the fireball jigs and you're right about the heavy wire hook. I was looking for something with a bigger hook gap though. Keitech makes a round ball jighead for bass fishing that looks like it might do the job. Thanks for the suggestion craw.
10/7/17 @ 12:47 AM
crawriverrat
crawriverrat
User since 10/27/02

The Northland fireball jugs have pretty beefy hooks.  Otherwise you should look into bass jigs.  They usually have the heavy hooks you are looking for.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE