Chicken Liver

6/11/13 @ 8:56 AM
ORIGINAL POST
deerlaker
deerlaker
USER since 2/24/11
How do you guys make your chicken liver easier to stay on the hook. I heard of using women accessories but i would like to put in ingredients to make it tougher. any ideas or tips. Or should i stick to cut bait? and crawlers?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
7/11/14 @ 9:46 AM
RescueDiver
RescueDiver
USER since 1/21/12
I just got BOMB-A-BAIT, tried it out for the 1st time and i am happy. I had a chunk of liver stay on all night which was good! bad thing is, fish weren't biting that night. Now that i see what BOMB-A-BAIT is, I am going to go to my local medical supplier and get the same thing hopefully cheaper.

http://www.bombabait.com/

Post Your Comment
12/12/13 @ 10:13 AM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12
Cheese cloth works wonders. U can also salt them a few days ahead of time

Post Your Comment
12/9/13 @ 6:21 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
I always used a 2/0baitholder hook and folded the liver back onto the hook several times. The bait must be fresh and firm.

If you're out fishing in the heat all day and the liver is not kept on ice it will get soft quickly. What I have done then is to take the livers and bake them on a rock,cement or best - black asphalt. Flip them several times and keep the juice in the tub(s).

Once the livers start getting leathery you can put them back into the rancid juice. They'll stay tough... Do not get this juice in cuts. Try to get as little as possible on your skin. Spill it on clothing and the smell never completely gets out.

But it's an awesome bait and stays on the hook well.

Post Your Comment
12/6/13 @ 9:39 PM
pdub16
pdub16
USER since 1/14/11
I've heard of guys do really well with chicken liver holding on well when tying it in spawn sac material. I guess the fish don't seem to mind. Pink would be the preferred color.

The video is long, but somewhere in it shows how it's done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfroQD2Y9ck

Post Your Comment
6/11/13 @ 10:32 AM
brante
brante
USER since 6/10/13
When i used liver i would use a trebel hook. seepmed to hold on there better.

I have been out lately and using cut bait. been working well.

Post Your Comment