Catfishing rigs

7/20/18 @ 5:46 PM
ORIGINAL POST
greg2507
greg2507
USER since 1/13/13

This has been my favorite so far. Caught a bunch of fish on it. 

https://youtu.be/oVfR1x6RJmw

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
8/18/18 @ 11:10 PM
Eric5313
Eric5313
USER since 4/13/15

Most people are fishing for catfish on rivers, but one rig I've been using a lot on lakes or on one particular wide, featureless river is a slip-bobber setup.  I use slip bobbers that can be weighted by filling with water, leaving just enough air inside for flotation of the bait.  The slip bobber lets the bait down to whatever pre-determined depth you want, and if you use a good-sized float that's mostly full of water, that also gives you a lot of weight to heave the rig way out there but without the associated problems you get when using a heavy sinker for long casts where there are thick weeds.  And of course, the bobber can be set to keep your bait from being too deep within thick weeds as well. 

Edited on 8/18/18 11:12 PM
Post Your Comment
7/30/18 @ 5:54 PM
Monkeymaster
Monkeymaster
USER since 2/22/17

Tried that link for you tube, says there is no such thing ?

Maybe try reposting it along with a discription.

I myself have been using a 3 way rig lately, but I may be going back to the old standard Carolina rig, just a small split shot 14 inches or so up from the bait, with a larger no roll sized to current above it.

The 3 way is nice for snags, loosing just the sinkers by using some light line, I use 8 lb mono for the sinkers, then 16 lb mono for the bait, and 30 braid on my reel.

The issue I have with the 3 way is it seems to ALWAYS be a tangled up mess when I reel in to re bait.

I fish the Mississippi and smaller rivers with current, that I assume is why it is tangled.

Good luck

Post Your Comment