Catfish Books

1/16/16 @ 9:50 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Brad Durick
captainbraddurick
USER since 3/31/16
I am in the process of finishing a new book about catfishing. I am curious what catfish books you folks have read or enjoy. For me- Catfish Fever by Doug Stange and the In-Fisherman Staff is the best. I also enjoy the Keith Sutton books.
Brad Durick Outdoors LLC
(701) 739-5808
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
1/21/16 @ 9:02 AM
Brad Durick
captainbraddurick
USER since 3/31/16
I said I was working on a new book. I can finally let the cat out of the bag. "Advanced Catfishing Made Easy" is a simple guide to understanding the seasonal progression of catfish, how they react to conditions throughout the year and gives you basic patterns to follow. It is a "pick your own adventure book" so to speak.

111 pages

It will be available in March 2016

Brad Durick Outdoors LLC
(701) 739-5808
Post Your Comment
1/17/16 @ 12:12 PM
A5¢
A5¢
MEMBER since 6/15/09
I have several of Keith Sutton's books and did pick up pointers on the where's and how's for the three main species. I have also had the honor of fishing with Mark Mihalakis of Junnies Cat Tracker Bait, on the Mississippi River. He taught me a lot and apparently my antics kept him and his friend entertained/laughing, as they watched me do what I considered "catfishin". Oh well, I had fun and we did round up a real nice batch of channels in short order.

Post Your Comment
1/16/16 @ 12:57 PM
Brad Durick
captainbraddurick
USER since 3/31/16
It would have been fun to fish with or even meet Toad I bet. I have met Doug and we keep in contact some. Very knowledgeable and nice guy.

Brad Durick Outdoors LLC
(701) 739-5808
Post Your Comment
1/16/16 @ 12:40 PM
BIGG400
BIGG400
USER since 12/23/12
I second that on Doug Stange. I really enjoyed his stuff, especially when it involved Otis "Toad" Smith. That was pretty much the only consistent source of catfish information when I was growing up.

Post Your Comment