bite indicators

2/3/16 @ 1:55 PM
ORIGINAL POST
goodfishin
goodfishin
USER since 3/27/08
Im just trying to get everyone's opinion on what everyone uses for bite detectors. Currently I use the clip on bells but sometimes when I set the hook the bell fly off and I lose them has anyone bought those noise alarms or know of any other effective ways.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
2/7/16 @ 8:23 PM
goodfishin
goodfishin
USER since 3/27/08
Well because when the bell starts ringing my first immediate reaction is to send the hook home. We are usually shore fishing and have the rods spread out and when we get to the rod we really dont know how long the fish has been there.

Post Your Comment
2/7/16 @ 6:49 PM
Brad Durick
captainbraddurick
USER since 3/31/16
I don't use strike indicators but I would ask what you couldn't take a second to just unclip the bells? I know there are some good electronic ones out there if you want to spend the money.

Brad Durick Outdoors LLC
(701) 739-5808
Post Your Comment
2/5/16 @ 10:21 PM
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06
I just use the 2 eyeballs in my head. In all seriousness, I fish for catfish in my boat, and have the rods either tight-lined and leaning against the inside of the boat at a 45 degree angle or in rod holders if I am targeting flatheads. A close friend of mine swears by the bells, even in my boat. He even insists on putting them on my cat rods.

There are some very nice and pricey bite indicators (electric ones) with sound and lights that allow the fish to run off line with a bit of tension. Lots of carp guys in Europe use them. You-tube has demonstrations of these. If I were a shore fisherman I might try one out. Cool

http://www.delkim.co.uk/

Post Your Comment