I found this old post from last winter and thought I would see how I did.
1. Stay on fish every day. (No Skunks)(It has been 4 years since the last one)----DONE- I came close one day but came through and saved it. It has been five years and over 350 trips. Very happy about this one.
2. Keep even better records than years past- Not sure I did better but I have some solid records and learned a lot from them.
3. Learn at least 10 miles of new river- FAIL I did not get to the section of river I wanted. I did learn about four miles very well that I started scouting last year so not totally lost.
4. Keep having fun-- Well the season came to an end and I am still out fishing on my own so I say YES.
5. Figure out the correlation between clear and cloudy water on bite patterns. I did not do this one but I learned a lot about levels of flows and how it pertains to turning sections of river on and off. This was a huge lesson and one that will be used in the years to come.