Walleye Recipes For Camp

2/25/16 @ 8:15 AM
ORIGINAL POST
wini
wini
USER since 3/27/06
A couple of Canadian fishing trips coming up. Since I do a lot of the cooking for the guys, I am looking for some new ideas for 2016. One I will share is Walleye patties. I dice celery, onions and celery in blender at home and freeze in quart zip bag. I take along eggs, bread crumbs and seasoning. Dice fresh walleye and mix all together. Form a patty and fry. You could follow any Salmon patty recipe ,but substitute walleye, northern, or?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
3/1/16 @ 1:05 PM
ResQ91
ResQ91
USER since 4/3/05
We have been doing a dinner or two each year of Fish Tacos. Guys love em! Important parts are:

Crunchy fried fish Buy some real shredded Mexican cheese (Queso) or cheddar Very finely sliced red cabbage Soft CORN tortillas (Use two for each taco) Crema (Sauce) Recipe: 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 3 tablespoons mayonnaise 3 tablespoons sour cream 1 teaspoon grated lime rind 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 garlic clove, minced

Even tried Chimichangas with Lake Trout.....real good too.

Attached some pics to get ya hungry.

Yum!

Post Your Comment
3/1/16 @ 11:35 AM
Jax
Jax
USER since 1/5/06
Is is ok to take eggs now?

Post Your Comment
2/25/16 @ 11:10 AM
Marsh Man 2
Marsh Man 2
USER since 9/20/10
My favorite breading is crushed cornflakes. Make sure to use plan non sugar coated cornflakes. Take the walleye dip in flour then egg wash then corn flakes and drop them in the oil. For sure the best crunchy breading you can have! Was taught that one from an old crusty Canadian fishing guide a decade ago. Up until then we used saltine crackers crushed up.

Post Your Comment
2/25/16 @ 9:35 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
I have used many recipes from this website over the years. All were excellent. Some are probably too fancy to pull off at camp but if the ingredients were prepared the day before the trip, it would make the preparation phase a lot quicker.

http://www.in-fisherman.com/recipes/page/3/

This recipe is likely on the website above but I hit the "load more recipies" button a few times and didn't see it. I have made this for deer camp a couple of times. Since you don't add the fish until the very end, you could make the soup before the trip and heat it up with the fish at camp. You could probably even do it for a shore lunch with a dutch oven or big pot over a fire.

https://www.lake-link.com/forums/Recipies-And-Cooking/discuss.cfm/104224/Walleye-Ciopinno-with-Aioli-Croutons/

Post Your Comment