Trip number 2, coming up

9/6/13 @ 9:09 AM
ORIGINAL POST
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
USER since 9/6/13
Lucky to have access to a privately owned cabin on the English River. First trip we did very well on the walleyes averaging about 50 a day in the 20 to 30 inch range. It was hard to find fish small enough to "keep". Only bad thing I can say about the last trip was the ticks, I picked off 15 of them rascals one day! We leave on the 12th and I hope the fishing will be as good as it was back in June. I will post my results when I return.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 20 Posts
6/27/17 @ 4:47 PM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
USER since 9/6/13

This is what we were after!

Post Your Comment
6/21/17 @ 9:26 PM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
USER since 9/6/13

Maynard Falls is quite a haul.  Been up there a few times but with the gas situation, we stay closer to Grassy.  Indian can get pretty wild getting across when there is a strong westerly wind.  Good luck and stay safe!

Post Your Comment
6/21/17 @ 6:37 PM
bigstorm
bigstorm
USER since 1/10/05

How far upriver did you go? We will make a few trips up to Maynard Falls, Tide Narrows (past Ball Lake Lodge). I know the water is too low to get into Dumpy Lake but there are a few spots over that way too. A lot of our fishing starts at the southeast end of Indian Lake  and from there we work our way upriver.

Post Your Comment
6/21/17 @ 3:50 PM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
USER since 9/6/13

Dinged my prop a couple times, but it's not too bad, just go slow.   Fish are shallow and the mosquitoes are not too bad yet!  Going out on Lake Emily tonight for Bluegiill!  Sick of eating Walleye!

Post Your Comment
6/21/17 @ 8:03 AM
bigstorm
bigstorm
USER since 1/10/05

I'm heading up there Friday night, should be at Trevor & Bonnie's about noon on Saturday. I see the water level looks to be pretty low and the weather is forecast to be a little cool next week but oh well, it will still be a great trip 

Post Your Comment
6/21/17 @ 6:28 AM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
USER since 9/6/13

I know, my biggest fear is a cavity search!

Post Your Comment
6/20/17 @ 9:55 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
USER since 11/11/15

Found a tick in my belly button when I got home, little freeloader!

You're lucky you weren't searched at the customs.  I think there's laws against bringing them across the border.  International tick smuggling is big business.

Post Your Comment
6/20/17 @ 9:40 PM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
USER since 9/6/13

Overall a great trip, however weather was a challenge. Winds were tough for boat control and rain 5 out of 7 days.  Walleyes were scattered, but they had nice size. Bought 8 dozen minnows in Nestor Falls and by the time we got to the cabin they were laying at the bottom of the bag.  I was really POed!  Put them in a tub with new water and air-raters and they all came back to life!  Has this ever happened to anyone?

Post Your Comment
5/22/17 @ 7:27 PM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
USER since 9/6/13

We drive up to Kenora, then out to the Indian Reservation and then boat out to the cabin.  Grassy Narrows is the general area, but there are quite a few Lakes we fish. 

Post Your Comment
5/21/17 @ 7:47 PM
Rizzo22
Rizzo22
USER since 1/23/04

LJ where about are you going on the English river.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 20 Posts