Temple Bay Logge

2/3/16 @ 11:16 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Bind1
Bind1
USER since 8/3/08
Does anyone have any feed back on Temple Bay Lodge? How is the bus ride?Is it worth the money,is it a good place to go,are the accommodations good? Thanks in advance.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
3/4/16 @ 1:16 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
USER since 2/8/06
Started going to Temple Bay over 20 years ago when my older son was 10 years old. The last 5-6 years I went with 2 buddies who only fish a couple times a year. I can tell you that I have had the time of my life going up there. Its a first class operation with not only great fishing, but accomedations that are second to none as far as north woods hospitality goes. The bus ride is what it is. Grant it that its about 14 hours from Chicago, but you don't have to do anything but get on. They do stop at different locations that all have a store that you can get a snack or drink if you choose. The fishing is superb if you listen to the people that know the lake. I've either caught or been witness to some of the biggest fish I've ever seen (50+" Musky,20+# N. Pike,33" Walleye and 6# SM Bass). I would recommended this trip to anyone that loves to fish and is willing to put their time in on the water.

Post Your Comment
3/3/16 @ 11:05 AM
theefisherman
theefisherman
USER since 2/24/11
Went to temple bay 2 years ago right before they sold the place to new owners. Good place to stay, cheap. Back then I think the price per person including transportation was around $600. Left from Nekoosa and jumped on the bus. Bus is a little dirty and older but still, not bad. If its your first time going, they give you a guide your 1st day out for free. I went over 4th of July and didn't have too much luck, even with the guide it wasn't too great. Hardest part is figuring out a 70,000 acre lake in the week. Otherwise, good bang for your buck with good breakfast and dinner.

Post Your Comment
2/7/16 @ 6:08 AM
Deerlake1
Deerlake1
USER since 6/20/13
Check Eagle Lake near Dryden Forumn for more info.

Post Your Comment
2/7/16 @ 6:01 AM
Deerlake1
Deerlake1
USER since 6/20/13
Great deal. Cabins are very nice and clean.Fresh towels and cleaned each day. Food wonderful and plentiful. All your boat gas is included. They are usually pretty generous on your two dozen minnows a day per person. Beverages and lunch are provided on the bus on the way up. Boats are nice with locator, live well , nets, and life vests provided. They clean all your fish and provide dry ice packaging for your trip home. The one day guide trip included is a very nice touch that includes shore lunch. You can ask for shore lunch stoves and supplies for the other days and they are provided at no extra charge, you catch and cook the fish yourself if you wish or you can take a bag lunch instead. Lots of islands for shore lunches. I go on the Central Wisc trip 5 nights 4 days fishing. Bus ride is nice in that you don't have to drive. This year we are leaving Wisc at 6:00 am and hope to be there by 5pm all depends on boarder crossing, traffic and road construction. If you want more info, go to this forumn and type in just Temple Bay. You will see my posts from the past few years along with lots of others. The walleye fishing has been spectacular for several years now. The lake is huge but don't let that Scare you away. There are great maps available. GPS is recommended though. Just a little insight there will be Candian Taxes added on and you need to get your fishing license and out door card. There are also tip jars at the lodge for cooks, dock boys , cabin maids. Guides are tipped on the day you fish with them if you enjoyed the experience. I can't remember how many times ( maybe 10+) I have been there but each time has been wonderful. Any other questions let me know I will try to answer.

Post Your Comment
2/3/16 @ 4:22 PM
Lundguy2
Lundguy2
USER since 4/22/15
My wife and I went the fall before we were married, that was close 9 years ago, we always need we need to do it again. I thought the price was right, everything included, when you get back to the dock at the end of the day the dock hands take your fish out of the live well and you don't see them again till you get on the bus when they were cleaned and the frozen.

Post Your Comment
2/3/16 @ 1:21 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
I saw what amounted to a 5-10 minute advertisement for them on Midwest Outdoors last weekend. It looked interesting enough for me to visit their website. I thought the cost of the bus package was very reasonable considering that it includes the bus ride, meals and a day with a guide. Is that pretty typical for a lodge in Canada? I know that it's comparing apples to oranges but the all-inclusive lodge we visit in Alaska is north of $4500 for 6 days of fishing (worth every penny though).

Post Your Comment
2/3/16 @ 11:52 AM
crappies ya
crappies ya
USER since 1/15/12
Been there 3 times, lodge is typical Canada lodge, food is great & plenty of it. Fishing is good & you don't have to go far. Bus ride is noisy, stops every 2 hours for 15-20 minutes. that adds about 2 extra hours to your trip.

Post Your Comment