Santoy Lake, NW Ontario

2/14/15 @ 9:38 AM
ORIGINAL POST
caleb105
caleb105
USER since 3/7/14
Is anyone familiar with Little Santoy Lake and Big Santoy Lake a few miles East of Terrace Bay, Ontario? My 62 year old father remembers doing a fishing trip to these lakes about 50 years ago. I thought it might be fun to take him back up there (we live near Green Bay, WI) but I haven't been able to find any fishing reports. Does anyone even fish these lakes? He remembers riding a boat across Little Santoy, then using a beat up pickup truck to portage across to Big Santoy... then taking the boat to the North end of Big Santoy. Any help would be greatly appreciated! -Caleb
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 Posts
2/15/15 @ 9:55 AM
born to fish
born to fish
USER since 3/17/11
Hi My Wife, Brother an some friends went there a few years ago. We got lots of pike, everything in the slot size. We ended up with 2 big ones, a 24 pounder and a 25 pounder.

At Little Santoy there was no public access to the lake that we could find. At Big Santoy was a beautiful dock, good road to get in, big area to park.

Did you stop to look at the waterfall on the right side of the lake halfway down through the narrows? It is an awesome waterfall. Footpath all the way down to the bottom.

Walleyes were down by where the river goes out. The river was too low. We couldn't go down the river. Caught lots of pike instead.

If the fish aren't biting there, come back to Terrace Bay and go down the Mill Road or Johnny Haul Road to Long Lake. There's everything in there. Friends go there for walleyes. Past the outfitters down the road about 3 miles is a big parking lot, big pier. Can't put in where we used to. It got bought out by an outfitter.

Post Your Comment