Pringle Lake with Mattice Lake Outfitters

6/18/15 @ 3:51 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Jeler
Jeler
USER since 6/18/15
Greetings from Iowa My wife and I are flying into Pringle lake with Mattice Lake Outfitters. Anyone else ever flew into this lake to fish? What were your experiences like? Any suggestions? Anything you wish you would have brought along but didn't? Thanks Jeff Jeler@southslope.net
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
6/22/15 @ 4:33 PM
Jeler
Jeler
USER since 6/18/15
Thanks so much for all the useful information. Sounds like a great lake being so remote and easy to fish. Jeff Iowa City

Post Your Comment
6/22/15 @ 1:41 PM
feesher
feesher
USER since 2/28/07
No those fish were caught on Red Lake, not on a fly in with Don. All of the boats at Pringle are small aluminum boats with 9.9 motors. Plenty good for that lake. Red lake is a drive to lake that you can bring your own boat.

Post Your Comment
6/22/15 @ 1:02 PM
drptine
drptine
USER since 6/6/07
Holy moly. Mattice has them type of boats in a flyin camp. I have to talk to Don and ask him why I got stuck with a plain 16 ft aluminum job last year. Lol.

Post Your Comment
6/22/15 @ 12:50 PM
feesher
feesher
USER since 2/28/07
I will be going to Pringle for the third time this Saturday. Pringle is a single cabin lake with excellent walleye fishing with above average sized fish. The lake is approximately 6 mile long, however, the upper and lower portions of the lake are very shallow so we focus on the middle part of the lake. There are 2 underwater island marked on the map in the cabin. We find these day one and mark them with a buoy as we find these are by far the best fishing spots in the lake. The shoreline just south of the cabin is also good. It is a stained lake and does not have any obvious current, inlets or outlets.

I have used Mattice Lake Outfitters 5 times and they are excellent and professional. The lake is categorized as catch and consume so you are not supposed to bring fish out. We typically catch 4-5 walleyes to each northern. We do not use live bait, as we have found mister twister type jig and tail work just as good. Northerns bite on anything so I usually stick to single hook baits for ease of release since all northerns go back in. Hear are c couple of fish from 2012 from Red Lake.

The best part of this lake is the remote area. One cabin, so if you hear another boat or person, you know they are with your group.

Post Your Comment