Portable Fish Finders

12/29/14 @ 12:43 PM
ORIGINAL POST
eeworth
eeworth
USER since 10/21/09
Hello. Been using an old portable eagle fish finder and bringing in D batteries on fly ins to use. The unit broke. Anyone have any other units that have worked well for them up in Canada. Usually have a weight restriction and no way to charge a large battery. Just Any other solutions people have used for remote fly ins? Thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
1/18/15 @ 3:45 PM
fishies
fishies
USER since 1/2/12
ee Check your PM.

Post Your Comment
1/17/15 @ 5:15 PM
fishies
fishies
USER since 1/2/12
I use the 12 volt lithium ion batteries from my electric drill.

Post Your Comment
1/16/15 @ 10:46 AM
eeworth
eeworth
USER since 10/21/09
Thanks for the tips gents. What kind of drill battery do you have, and whats the trick to hooking it up to the fish finder. I am not very Electronically inclined. Thanks.

Post Your Comment
12/30/14 @ 5:40 PM
ocetp
ocetp
USER since 7/7/01
I had an old Eagle as well and replaced it with a PiranhaMax 230 PT with the portable adapter kit. The unit itself is fine - it's nice and light and uses AA batteries but I've had batteries leak twice and the battery compartment is designed such that it can't be cleaned. Cost 60 bucks to replace it. May need to switch to better batteries. Also, I don't like the on-off button - it sticks a bit.

The Amazon.com reviews are generally favorable but there are a number of unhappy customers. Seems like it's either one star or five stars.

Post Your Comment
12/30/14 @ 8:15 AM
fishies
fishies
USER since 1/2/12
I use a small Humminbird with the batteries from my 12v drill. They last for the week and are not heavy, especially the lithium ion ones.

Post Your Comment