USER since 6/6/07
Ontario moose
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 Posts
4/25/15 @ 4:46 PM
Shad
Shad
USER since 8/27/01
Got info from the MNR on Moose tags, some are dismal at best. Our area, 21B, lost not quite 50% of the adult tags and no calf hunt until 3rd week of season. West there are areas that were reduced by as much as 95%.

So, if you have a hunt scheduled, best make sure your outfitter has a tag or you will be spending a lot of money for nothing!

Post Your Comment
4/17/15 @ 3:45 PM
Shad
Shad
USER since 8/27/01
Ontario Moose tags in the north are being cut between 15% and 25% due to poor numbers of Moose, no calved for 3 weeks this year, maybe cutting them out all together in the future! I have suggested they set a quota, then move to attack the predator problems and open a provincial wide Spring Bear season as well as Combine Wolf and Fall Bear to hunt together for Non-residents. Urge your outfitters to contact their MNR people and do likewise. Otherwise, once we lose the Moose hunt, it will be gone forever!!

Post Your Comment
3/17/15 @ 9:34 AM
drptine
drptine
USER since 6/6/07
Lots to do in moose camp never a boring moment. I would suggest that if you book a moose hunt you do just that and not a fishing trip/moose hunt. We Lived out of tent camps that were specifically set up for moose hunting. Lots of outfitters use there fishing outpost cabins because it is convenient and not because there are moose there. I am not giving up the outfitters name because there are to many haters on here and people that have better spots. I use to advertise on here for a second to none whitetail camp in Saskatchewan and the hate responses from people I got was ridiculous on how the camp was to expensive and they knew of alot of better places to go for bigger whitetails that being said I am not recommending any hunts anymore.

Post Your Comment
3/17/15 @ 4:49 AM
Sidge
Sidge
USER since 12/19/02
Had a great trip last year in 2014 and nailed this bull opening morning and spent the rest of the week fishing and looking for a calf for the wife.

Edited on 3/17/15 4:50 AM
Post Your Comment
3/16/15 @ 11:05 PM
big mac
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02
What did you think of the moose meat? Did your outfitter also offer other activities ( fishing, bird hunting, etc.)? Thanks, Big Mac

Post Your Comment
3/16/15 @ 5:13 PM
cle
cle
USER since 3/7/15
Drptine Who was your outfitter ?

Post Your Comment
3/16/15 @ 8:17 AM
drptine
drptine
USER since 6/6/07
WF, I hunted north of Thunder Bay. There was four of us flown into a tent camp where we stayed for the next two weeks. We had four bull tags and went three for four on bulls. The trip could have not gone better. I would highly recommend this trip.

Post Your Comment
3/15/15 @ 11:07 AM
white frenchy
white frenchy
USER since 3/9/05
Where did you go in Ontario and what outfitter. I am very interested in a 2017 moose hunt. Thanks in advance White Frenchy

Post Your Comment