Ontario Lodge Advice: July 2016

8/25/15 @ 10:02 AM
ORIGINAL POST
taiwegian
taiwegian
USER since 2/15/10
A group of us are planning our first Canadian fishing trip next July. We are looking at finding a drive in lodge in Ontario that would allow a 4 day reservation. I am guessing that mid-July is not peak walleye fishing time. Any advice on lakes where walleye fishing is decent that time of year would be appreciated. Good boats to rent with fish finder would be a plus. Not interested in musky fishing, but would be interested in any other action - not necessarily trophies. thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 16 Posts
9/2/15 @ 6:59 PM
czar312
czar312
USER since 8/19/14
Taiwegian,

Check your PM

Post Your Comment
9/2/15 @ 7:14 AM
percheye1
percheye1
USER since 6/24/01
Wabaskang Tall pines Camp for a drive to or Peffleys for a boat in camp.

Post Your Comment
8/31/15 @ 8:05 PM
Deerlake1
Deerlake1
USER since 6/20/13
Where are you located and where would your group be leaving from? If your in Wisc, Ii, or Minnesota check out Temple Bay Lodge on Eagle Lake, Dryden Ont. The 2015 price from Central Wisc ( I think 2016 is same price) was Eight hundred Sixty Nine Dollars-you get, Bus trip - refreshments and sandwiches on bus Lodging- Nice Clean Cabins Boats- 40 Yamaha, Lund Boats ,depth Finders, live wells, all gas included!!!!!!!!! No Limit! Meals-Breakfast , bag lunch or supplies for lunch and dinner Guides- one day free with guide cooking shore lunch . 5 Nights Lodging All your fish are cleaned by lodge guides and dock boys, wrapped and put on dry ice for your trip home. This past year we left Central Wisc on Tuesday morning end of June, arrived at lodge for cabin assignments, safety talk and boat assignments and complimentary pizza. Fished 4 days then left Sunday morning after breakfast. If you don't want to do the bus trip they also take drive ups. Call Jeff at Temple Bay for further details. I have been going for 10 years and many of the guys and women on the bus have been going for over 20 years. Great Walleye, Smallmouth and Perch Fishing.. Northerns are good fishing and Muskies are super. Tax, license and tips are extra. Fishing for Walleyes is excellent June & July. Three of us had over 300 walleyes in the boat over 4 days. Largest 29". Many over23". Good Luck. Fishing Eagle Lake is special. I hope you get the chance to fish it.

Post Your Comment
8/30/15 @ 8:57 AM
fishguidealso
fishguidealso
USER since 2/5/10
On the contrary july fishing i some of the best action of the season.as far as lodges theres way to many to list.but i would recommend clarkes northern lights on cedar lake or cedar point resort on cedar lake also if you require american plan.fishing there is normally pretty good and the lake is small enough to navigate pretty easy even on rough days.look at northshore lodge and temple bay on eagle lake.both good lodges and good fishing but rather large lake.

Post Your Comment
8/29/15 @ 9:01 PM
csbadvisor
csbadvisor
USER since 12/1/09
Summers Off , Cedar Lake is 6,000 acres you will find both clear and stained water. It is a horse shoe shaped lake with few large open areas which makes fishing nice in windy conditions. We have fished Cedar for 16 years usually the first week of June so a typical day starts with hitting known hot spots. Once we locate fish we catch a lot of numbers with good size included. Several 22+ walleye daily and our group usually pick up a few 30+ each year.

Post Your Comment
8/29/15 @ 6:50 PM
Summers Off
Summers Off
USER since 5/9/06
csb

What's a typical day of fishing on Cedar in say mid to late June? Is it a numbers lake or are there nice sized walleyes too?

What is the size (in acres) of Cedar Lake?

Is the water clear or stained?

Sounds like an all around good fishery.

Post Your Comment
8/29/15 @ 3:33 PM
csbadvisor
csbadvisor
USER since 12/1/09
Yes Cedar Lake is N of Dryden, 20 min. N of Vermillion Bay on the Red Lake Rd. I'm sure Cedar would seem busy if you are accustomed to a private lake. We have never had an issue getting away from traffic and catching fish.

Post Your Comment
8/29/15 @ 12:53 PM
Summers Off
Summers Off
USER since 5/9/06
With several lodges on the lake I am wondering how busy Cedar Lake is with boat traffic? One of the reasons I have been going to Ontario the last 16 years is for great walleye fishing and very little boat traffic.

Our group lost our private cabin on a small lake outside of Ignace as the owner sold it. So we too are looking for a new drive to resort.

Is Cedar Lake you guys are talking about North of Dryden?

Post Your Comment
8/28/15 @ 10:42 PM
Frosty142
Frosty142
USER since 4/4/14
I've been going for 6 years straight now and highly recommend Rainbow Point Lodge on Perault Falls. Top notch customer service with a very loyal customer following.

I would suggest going to the All Canada show in Green Bay in January. Most of the lodges have a presence there. Best way to shop around.

Post Your Comment
8/28/15 @ 11:31 AM
wini
wini
USER since 3/27/06
July is a good time. I do not agree that late August is good, unless you like to fish deep. I have been going for years and after first week in August, you have to find them and go deep.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 16 Posts