Nungesser Lake, Birch Point Lodge - Recommendations?

3/16/14 @ 9:35 AM
ORIGINAL POST
74seventyfour
74seventyfour
USER since 10/31/06
Have any of you stayed at the Birch Point Lodge at Nungesser Lake recently, and can you provide a recommendation? I am planning a week there this summer. Thanks much.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
8/17/14 @ 7:57 PM
74seventyfour
74seventyfour
USER since 10/31/06
To all those that responded to my post - thank you much. I went with my friend July 26 through Aug. 2. We both had a great time. The cabins were old but clean and equipped with everything we needed. The dock crew was great and so was the owner Roy. The whole week was so easy, plus we caught a few 'eyes. On Thursday, we caught 117 'eyes between 10 am and 7:30 pm with an in-between 3 hour break back at camp for beer drinking. I kept count because my friend and I had a bet going. I have recommended this camp to all my friends. I hope to go there again someday.

Post Your Comment
6/8/14 @ 2:51 PM
Dani
Dani
USER since 10/6/01
I have no idea about Birch Point Lodge, but Nungesser Lake Lodge was more then perfect for us in the past 5 years from A-Z.

Edited on 6/8/14 2:52 PM
Post Your Comment
4/20/14 @ 8:55 AM
JMKC
JMKC
USER since 6/19/01
Stayed there in June 2012. No problems, camp is a little rustic. Bring a few power strips and extension cords. In summer if hot a few small fans wil help. Fishing was excellent, beautiful large lake. Lots of Walleyes, buddy got a 45" Pike across camp by Three Islands. Crawlers and Leeches worked best at the time. Nice shore lunch areas, Roy will show you. Dock people were great.

Post Your Comment
3/30/14 @ 12:02 AM
Jackal
Jackal
USER since 5/19/05
Stayed at a different "Lodge" on Nungesser last year. Good lake, nice cabins. The dock hands ruined our trip. I felt like we had a backstage pass to a carnie crack house. The owner felt it was ok to swear at our young boys. We will be taking our business elsewhere.

Edited on 3/30/14 1:52 PM
Post Your Comment
3/28/14 @ 8:04 AM
ManitowishWaters
ManitowishWaters
USER since 10/22/02
Post Your Comment
3/28/14 @ 7:43 AM
ManitowishWaters
ManitowishWaters
USER since 10/22/02
it does get rough

Post Your Comment
3/28/14 @ 7:39 AM
ManitowishWaters
ManitowishWaters
USER since 10/22/02
cabin

Post Your Comment
3/28/14 @ 7:36 AM
ManitowishWaters
ManitowishWaters
USER since 10/22/02
Stayed there a few years back. Service, food, fishing all top notch. Cabins are a little old but in good shape. Roy takes time every morning to mark up a map based on conditions. With in 30 min of us getting there he had us on the water with the dock boys catching walleyes. Roy then took us out the next day so we could get a feel for things. Find a wind blown shore line let out some bottom bouncers and catch some fish. No joke in 2 hours after dinner one night 37 eyes between 2 people

Post Your Comment
3/25/14 @ 11:34 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
MEMBER since 3/25/14
I have never been to Birch Point but I have been on Nungesser. I stayed at the Lodge. Weather was horrible but the fishing was awesome!! I am going back this year and I am hoping for good weather this time around, I can only imagine how good the fishing could be with good weather!! From what I remember Nungesser doesn't have a "bad" lodge on it. If you go, you will love the fishing!! Good Luck

Post Your Comment