SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

North Caribou Lake June 23rd to July 5th

6/3/19 @ 4:41 PM
INITIAL POST
LarryinNevada
User since 2/23/12

Getting ready to head up to North Caribou lake . This will be my 4th trip to this Fantastic lake. Flying from Henderson,Nevada with my sister to Winnipeg,Manitoba,then driving to Ignace,Ontario to meet 4 friends ,3 are from Pittsburgh,and a  new guy from Minnesota. Will then drive up to Pickle Lake and then be flown into North Caribou. We have caught Thousands of walleyes most not below 20 inches . Also have gotten many pike 30 inches and larger with 4 or 5 each year over 40 inches.Mainly fish 1/4 oz jigs and tails and troll minnow plugs for walleyes Throw spoons,spinners and topwater plugs for pike

Stay at Pete Johnson's cabins on Northwest Caribou,we have to drive to Pickle lake ,but we are all retired and have the time,besides its about $1000 less than the only other camp who flies from Thunder Bay to their lodge

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
7/18/19 @ 5:39 PM
LarryinNevada
User since 2/23/12

After knocking down the grill bear ran away again into bush Next day bear appeared 20 ft from cooking cabin around 7am we grabbed pots & pans ,banged them at bear and scared the hell out of him Bear ran into bush to not be seen again

7/18/19 @ 5:36 PM
LarryinNevada
User since 2/23/12

Had another Great trip with Pickle Lake Outposts to North Caribou Lake June 26 to July 5th Weather was excellent Except for the fires 100 miles to the Northwest of the lake Smoke was hanging over the lake and you could smell it several nights 

Fishing was Great between the 6 people fishing we caught over 2000 walleye and pike . Largest walleye 25 lots of them 1 pike 38" 2 -37", many in 30 plus range As you can tell we fished 95% of time for walleye My sister caught 29 walleye on one Northland Electric Chicken colored body. Majority of walleyes caught on jig & different colored bodies

Had an annoying bear in camp One morning I got up to take a leak and walked out on cabin deck to confront this bear about 20 ft from me,bear ran back into bush Two days later bear knocked down the propane grill

6/11/19 @ 12:13 PM
LarryinNevada
User since 2/23/12

Also saw the posting. Borger concentrates on Pike, we mainly fish walleyes. We drive up to pickle lake and fly-in from there Have posted a number of trip reports over the years on Walleye Central on N Caribou Its a fun lake with lots of fish and a chance to get a trophy

Larry S

6/10/19 @ 8:40 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Larry- I just saw the latest report from Mike Borger on his trip to North Caribou. Catching over 20- 40" gators in that cold water is quite an accomplishment. Also saw they caught alot of nice walleye's.. Looks like an amazing fishery. Good luck and safe travels..

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE