Minnitaki Lake

3/23/16 @ 10:15 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Mike G
Mike G
USER since 10/1/05
Anyone ever fish this lake? I'll be there the first part of July. Ideas on types of bait or any good spots to fish would be great.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
6/19/16 @ 1:17 PM
PanamaJackson
PanamaJackson
USER since 6/19/16
jdfire....let me know how your trip to minnitaki went.  I head up there at the end of June and haven't been there for awhile.

Post Your Comment
6/9/16 @ 10:24 AM
TipDownRanger19
TipDownRanger19
USER since 1/4/06

Heading up there July 1 for my sixth or seven time.  We also stay at Timber Edge Camps on Butterfly.  Good walleye and pike fishing can be found in all the staple areas (trout fish, Rice, Red Pine, English).  Don't be afraid to snap jig gulp in 3-6 feet of water in the weed pockets.  Some of our best days have come doing that, especially if hot, sunny and flat.  Each year we pull in a northern over 40 and several in the mid to upper 30s.  My personal best of 44 3/4 came out of Red Pine.  Strangely enough we catch some walleye trolling over 40-60 feet of water around 10 feet down in evenings.

Post Your Comment
6/6/16 @ 12:36 PM
smbrickner
smbrickner
USER since 4/16/09

I'm leaving Friday for my week up there.  We stay on Butterfly.  All I have heard so far is that the water is about a foot below full.  Looking forward to it.  I mostly do crawler harnesses or slip bobbers with a leech.

Post Your Comment
5/30/16 @ 10:22 AM
jdfire
jdfire
USER since 10/4/02

Been fishing this lake every year for around a dozen years. We always go mid June when the refuges open on the 15th. Plenty of good spots. Red pine is good. Along with the rice river. Best advice I can give is to find the depth that they are hanging at and troll the windward shores. We primarily troll  crawler harnesses/lindy rigs. Good fishing and beautiful lake.

Post Your Comment
3/23/16 @ 4:04 PM
Mike G
Mike G
USER since 10/1/05
Thank you. Will definitely be getting a guide. Would be worth it to locate those lower unit busters. I'll be bringing along the Navionics chip as well.

Post Your Comment
3/23/16 @ 11:47 AM
fishguidealso
fishguidealso
USER since 2/5/10
Have fished there a number of times. By no means a ecpert but what i have fished had been excellent.Had some friends show me a number of spots and they are excelent.Would highly recommend taking a guide out for a day or two, there are a number of hidden obstructions out there and need to be carefull. You will be just getting into some deeper water fishing which is awesome time to be there.Couple of guys i would get in touch with in the area would be Ben Beattie and Colin Goss both can be reached at Moose Horn Lodge.

Post Your Comment